A cornucopia of the latest Carlos Boozer free-agency rumors and commentary, sorted by team:
"Sources insisted that other scenarios were discussed at the weekend meeting (among LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh) apart from the Miami plan.
"One source said James' admiration for Bulls legend Michael Jordan is such that he is determined to hear Chicago's pitch later this week, keeping alive the possibility that both James and Bosh could still wind up together with the Bulls.
"In that scenario, sources said, James and Bosh would join Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah in Chicago, while Wade would hope to be joined in Miami by close friend Carlos Boozer, who was not at the meeting."
"A friend of Wade said if the Heat can't add James and Bosh or Boozer, Wade also likes a Wade/Bosh/Joe Johnson combo."
— Miami Herald
NEW JERSEY NETS
"According to several people in the organization, who were granted anonymity because they are not authorized to speak for the team, the Nets plan to meet with six players in the first 48 hours of the market — James, Amar'e Stoudemire, Bosh, David Lee and Rudy Gay, with a tentative meeting scheduled with Wade on Friday or Saturday.
"The schedule, however, is fluid, and during that time the Nets will monitor talks and negotiations involving Boozer and several other players."
— Newark Star-Ledger
"After the meetings with James, Wade and Bosh are done, the Nets are expected to romance Stoudemire and Boozer — another player who indicated he has little interest in the team — as well as Lee and Gay."
— New York Daily News
"Keep your eye on Derrick Favors, whom the Nets might have drafted just to trade if they can sign a star power forward (Stoudemire, Boozer) in free agency."
— Minneapolis Star Tribune
NEW YORK KNICKS
"The Knicks will likely investigate free-agent star Boozer, but some in the organization think he's the equal of their own free agent Lee and not worth the maximum."
— New York Post
"He (Boozer) would like to play in either Miami or New Jersey and could wind up there, depending on what LeBron, Wade, Bosh and Amare do. If Miami goes another direction, I'm told the Pistons still have interest via a sign-and-trade deal."
"Can Dwight Howard attract close friend Carlos Boozer or Bosh to Orlando to give him some help along the Magic's frontline? Keeping it real with you I can honestly say I don't know.
"I do know that Howard greatly values his friendship with Boozer. Bosh, Boozer and Howard hung out together every day during the 2008 Summer Olympics in China; they visited Africa together last summer as a part of the NBA's Basketball Without Borders Program. And they spent time together in Houston earlier this month working with Hakeem Olajuwon.
"When Boozer came to Orlando the last two summers to watch the Magic play in the playoffs he stayed at Howard's home. And he's usually a fixture in the Magic locker room when they face the Jazz.
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State all...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th in...
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor Harding...
- Utah Utes football: Ranking the best players...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- Utah Jazz: 'Hungry' Trey Burke keeping busy...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 91
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment... 77
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 69
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 49
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 47
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 39
- BYU looking for another defensive... 33