BOUNTIFUL — The Bountiful Handcart Days festivities will be held July 23-24 and include a parade, entertainment, food and games.
The 60th annual grand parade will take place at 6 p.m. on July 23. It will be along Main Street from 1500 South to 400 North, then west to 100 West. Entertainment, plus food and game booths will be available after the parade and Saturday at the Bountiful City Park, 400 N. 200 West.
Events the evening of July 23 conclude with fireworks about 9:45 p.m. at Mueller Park Junior High.
The Bountiful Exchange Club's Chuck Wagon Breakfast will be from 7 to 10 a.m. July 24 at the bowery west of Bountiful Junior High school.
Other events July 24 at the city park include the fourth annual 5K run, a children's race, free public swimming and free family games.
Also, an arts and crafts exhibit will take place through July 23 at the Bountiful/Davis Art Center, 745 S. Main. And, in conjunction with Bountiful Handcart Days, the Davis County Library's South Branch, 725 S. Main, will have a storytelling event titled "Traditions: Then & Now" from 7 to 8 p.m. Monday, July 19.
Details at www.handcartdays.org.
— Brice Wallace
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 163
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence... 10