BOUNTIFUL — The Bountiful Handcart Days festivities will be held July 23-24 and include a parade, entertainment, food and games.
The 60th annual grand parade will take place at 6 p.m. on July 23. It will be along Main Street from 1500 South to 400 North, then west to 100 West. Entertainment, plus food and game booths will be available after the parade and Saturday at the Bountiful City Park, 400 N. 200 West.
Events the evening of July 23 conclude with fireworks about 9:45 p.m. at Mueller Park Junior High.
The Bountiful Exchange Club's Chuck Wagon Breakfast will be from 7 to 10 a.m. July 24 at the bowery west of Bountiful Junior High school.
Other events July 24 at the city park include the fourth annual 5K run, a children's race, free public swimming and free family games.
Also, an arts and crafts exhibit will take place through July 23 at the Bountiful/Davis Art Center, 745 S. Main. And, in conjunction with Bountiful Handcart Days, the Davis County Library's South Branch, 725 S. Main, will have a storytelling event titled "Traditions: Then & Now" from 7 to 8 p.m. Monday, July 19.
Details at www.handcartdays.org.
— Brice Wallace
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- Parents of eight children both have cancer,...
- American Fork teen drowning victim identified
- BYU students took cover in bomb shelter...
- Body of 14-year-old American Fork boy...
- Report: Some Utah babies more at risk of...
- CNBC ranks Utah 3rd best state for business;...
- Woman forgives ex-boyfriend for shooting her,...
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling... 60
- Same-sex marriage advocates to deliver... 44
- 83% of Utahns say Congress needs to act... 42
- Rep. Chaffetz keeps Romney for... 41
- Mia Love labeled 'surefire winner' by... 28
- Officer who killed family had dark... 24
- West Jordan City Council passes on... 18
- Hemp oil registration cards bring hope... 12