BOUNTIFUL — The Bountiful Handcart Days festivities will be held July 23-24 and include a parade, entertainment, food and games.
The 60th annual grand parade will take place at 6 p.m. on July 23. It will be along Main Street from 1500 South to 400 North, then west to 100 West. Entertainment, plus food and game booths will be available after the parade and Saturday at the Bountiful City Park, 400 N. 200 West.
Events the evening of July 23 conclude with fireworks about 9:45 p.m. at Mueller Park Junior High.
The Bountiful Exchange Club's Chuck Wagon Breakfast will be from 7 to 10 a.m. July 24 at the bowery west of Bountiful Junior High school.
Other events July 24 at the city park include the fourth annual 5K run, a children's race, free public swimming and free family games.
Also, an arts and crafts exhibit will take place through July 23 at the Bountiful/Davis Art Center, 745 S. Main. And, in conjunction with Bountiful Handcart Days, the Davis County Library's South Branch, 725 S. Main, will have a storytelling event titled "Traditions: Then & Now" from 7 to 8 p.m. Monday, July 19.
Details at www.handcartdays.org.
— Brice Wallace
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 50
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 36
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 34
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 28
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Firing squad's return in Utah may... 14
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 12