BOUNTIFUL — The Bountiful Handcart Days festivities will be held July 23-24 and include a parade, entertainment, food and games.
The 60th annual grand parade will take place at 6 p.m. on July 23. It will be along Main Street from 1500 South to 400 North, then west to 100 West. Entertainment, plus food and game booths will be available after the parade and Saturday at the Bountiful City Park, 400 N. 200 West.
Events the evening of July 23 conclude with fireworks about 9:45 p.m. at Mueller Park Junior High.
The Bountiful Exchange Club's Chuck Wagon Breakfast will be from 7 to 10 a.m. July 24 at the bowery west of Bountiful Junior High school.
Other events July 24 at the city park include the fourth annual 5K run, a children's race, free public swimming and free family games.
Also, an arts and crafts exhibit will take place through July 23 at the Bountiful/Davis Art Center, 745 S. Main. And, in conjunction with Bountiful Handcart Days, the Davis County Library's South Branch, 725 S. Main, will have a storytelling event titled "Traditions: Then & Now" from 7 to 8 p.m. Monday, July 19.
Details at www.handcartdays.org.
— Brice Wallace
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 26
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10