SALT LAKE CITY — More than 300 Hispanic young single adults are expected to gather for a summer conference full of service, fun and spiritual activities starting Friday, July 2, and running through Monday, July 5.
The theme of the conference comes from Ephesians 6:10-18 and the words: \"Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.\"
\"We want to help the young single adults prepare to make temple covenants and get away from the things of the world,\" said Arnold Porras, president of the La Region Hispana. \"We want to help them raise their vision and goals to focus on eternal covenants.\"
The four-day conference will include a variety of activities.
The event begins with opening ceremonies at an LDS stake center in Sugarhouse, followed by a talent show and dance. On Saturday highlights include a service project, workshops at the University of Utah Institute, a visit to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and an evening dance. The conference continues Sunday morning when the large group will attend \"Music and the Spoken Word\" at the Tabernacle and Sacrament meeting on the campus of LDS Business College. The young single adults will also be treated to a fireside with Elder Walter F. González, a member of the Presidency of the Seventy. The summer conference concludes Monday with a trip to Pineview Reservoir for a barbecue and fun in the water, Porras said.
It is still possible to register to attend the summer conference, Porras said. Register online at www.laregionhispana.org. The cost is $20.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 108
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 64
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 20
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 13
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 8