Elder Gonzalez to speak at Hispanic young single adult conference
SALT LAKE CITY — More than 300 Hispanic young single adults are expected to gather for a summer conference full of service, fun and spiritual activities starting Friday, July 2, and running through Monday, July 5.
The theme of the conference comes from Ephesians 6:10-18 and the words: \"Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.\"
\"We want to help the young single adults prepare to make temple covenants and get away from the things of the world,\" said Arnold Porras, president of the La Region Hispana. \"We want to help them raise their vision and goals to focus on eternal covenants.\"
The four-day conference will include a variety of activities.
The event begins with opening ceremonies at an LDS stake center in Sugarhouse, followed by a talent show and dance. On Saturday highlights include a service project, workshops at the University of Utah Institute, a visit to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and an evening dance. The conference continues Sunday morning when the large group will attend \"Music and the Spoken Word\" at the Tabernacle and Sacrament meeting on the campus of LDS Business College. The young single adults will also be treated to a fireside with Elder Walter F. González, a member of the Presidency of the Seventy. The summer conference concludes Monday with a trip to Pineview Reservoir for a barbecue and fun in the water, Porras said.
It is still possible to register to attend the summer conference, Porras said. Register online at www.laregionhispana.org. The cost is $20.
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning home...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- LDS Family Services providing free online...
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- Blind girl's imagination takes viewers of a...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 101
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 72
- Why I make my kids go to church 55
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 18
- K2 The Church's grand opening a... 12
- Netanyahu speech deepens rift between... 8
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 7
- Activists: Islamic State group now... 5