PROVO — A small accident on I-15 southbound near Provo has backed up traffic for several miles Wednesday morning.
The incident was minor, said Cameron Roden, public information officer for the Utah Highway Patrol. At about 10:10 Wednesday morning, a single car flipped onto its side in the right lane between the University Parkway and Provo Center Street exits. One female was transported to Utah Valley Regional Hospital with minor injuries, and no one else was hurt, Roden said.
But while investigators clear the scene, Roden said only one lane of traffic is getting by. Traffic leading up to the accident is backed up for about two miles, Roden said.
Crews were still working to clear the scene as of 11:00 a.m. and the cause of the accident is still under investigation, Roden said.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15