World Cup soccer: Algeria vs. United States (7:30 a.m., ESPN); England vs. Slovenia (7:30 a.m., ESPN2); Germany vs. Ghana (noon, ESPN); Australia vs. Serbia (noon, ESPN2)
This is a huge game for Team USA and its fans. There are all sorts of scenarios, but the simplest one is — if the Americans win, they will advance to the knock-out round of the World Cup. If they lose, they're out. If they tie, we're back to all those scenarios. And keep your remote in hand. While the U.S. team is playing Algeria on ESPN, the other two teams in their group — England and Slovenia — will be playing each other on ESPN2.
America's Orchestra: Celebrating 125 Years of the Boston Pops (7 p.m., Ch. 7): This hourlong tribute features appearances by Kirstin Chenoweth, Roberta Flack, Josh Groban, Yo-Yo Ma, Wynton Marsalis, Audra McDonald and James Taylor.
So You Think You Can Dance (7 p.m., Ch. 13): The 10 remaining contestants perform.
America's Got Talent (8 p.m., Ch. 5): Auditions continue.
Jimmy Kimmel Live's Twilight Saga: Total Eclipse of the Heart (9:01 p.m., Ch. 4): ABC's late-night host does an hour in prime time with the cast of "Twilight: Eclipse," which opens June 30. Jimmy is joined by Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner, Dakota Fanning, Bryce Howard and Xavier Samuel. Because you just don't hear enough about the Twilight movies, do you?
By the way, for those of you here in Utah who've never heard of "Jimmy Kimmel Live," it's a late-night talk show that's supposed to air at 11:05 p.m., right after "Nightline" on ABC. But our local ABC affiliate, KTVX-Ch. 4, continues to air it at 12:05 a.m. That's so the station can continue to air the cheesy tabloid shows "Access Hollywood" and "Extra." Sigh.
And, by the way, if you're wondering what happened to Happy Town, it's on hiatus. Again. ABC aired three episodes in May, then yanked the show because of awful ratings and promised to return it during the summer. Which it did. But the ratings for the three episodes that aired during this month were even more awful, so it was yanked again. ABC is promising to air the final two episodes on a Saturday night sometime this summer. But we don't know which Saturday night that will be yet. So stay tuned. (And, yeah, there are still a couple of episodes of Better Off Ted waiting to be seen as well.)
In Plain Sight (10 p.m., USA): Mary has to baby-sit a rebellious 16-year-old girl who witnessed a crime.
Hot In Cleveland (11 and 11:30 p.m., TV Land): Melanie tries to get Elka back into the dating scene; Joy dates a younger man.
- 19 little-known facts about the Mission:...
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- Motherhood Matters: 4 ways to help your...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 113
- Health care spending to accelerate, US... 7
- Government audit finds health law... 7
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two... 4
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White... 4
- Got a cold? Antibiotics may do more... 3
- Feds release updated strategy against... 2
- Erin Stewart: Put down the phone and drive 2