SALT LAKE CITY — Prosecutors have charged a man with homicide in connection with the death of his girlfriend in a Salt Lake City hotel.
Oscar Reyes, 34, faces one count of homicide by domestic assault, a third-degree felony.
While at the Gateway Inn, Reyes fought with his girlfriend, Deborah Haudley, 34, on Monday night, according to charges filed Friday in 3rd District Court.
During the fight he hit Haudley in the face, he said. In the morning, he found her dead next to him in bed, according to the charges.
Reyes is facing deportation to Mexico, and prosecutors consider him a flight risk, so they sought bail of $100,007.
— Josh Smith
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- U.S. approaching 'sudden' phase of...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 123
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 41
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 29
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20