SALT LAKE CITY — Prosecutors have charged a man with homicide in connection with the death of his girlfriend in a Salt Lake City hotel.
Oscar Reyes, 34, faces one count of homicide by domestic assault, a third-degree felony.
While at the Gateway Inn, Reyes fought with his girlfriend, Deborah Haudley, 34, on Monday night, according to charges filed Friday in 3rd District Court.
During the fight he hit Haudley in the face, he said. In the morning, he found her dead next to him in bed, according to the charges.
Reyes is facing deportation to Mexico, and prosecutors consider him a flight risk, so they sought bail of $100,007.
— Josh Smith
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 23
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8