SALT LAKE CITY — Prosecutors have charged a man with homicide in connection with the death of his girlfriend in a Salt Lake City hotel.
Oscar Reyes, 34, faces one count of homicide by domestic assault, a third-degree felony.
While at the Gateway Inn, Reyes fought with his girlfriend, Deborah Haudley, 34, on Monday night, according to charges filed Friday in 3rd District Court.
During the fight he hit Haudley in the face, he said. In the morning, he found her dead next to him in bed, according to the charges.
Reyes is facing deportation to Mexico, and prosecutors consider him a flight risk, so they sought bail of $100,007.
— Josh Smith
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- World War II munitions with mustard agent...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 19
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14