SALT LAKE CITY — Prosecutors have charged a man with homicide in connection with the death of his girlfriend in a Salt Lake City hotel.
Oscar Reyes, 34, faces one count of homicide by domestic assault, a third-degree felony.
While at the Gateway Inn, Reyes fought with his girlfriend, Deborah Haudley, 34, on Monday night, according to charges filed Friday in 3rd District Court.
During the fight he hit Haudley in the face, he said. In the morning, he found her dead next to him in bed, according to the charges.
Reyes is facing deportation to Mexico, and prosecutors consider him a flight risk, so they sought bail of $100,007.
— Josh Smith
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8