A big fish story at Strawberry: New stocking technique showing tremendous success
Minersville — Improved fishing, especially for anglers trolling from a boat. Mostly catching fish in the 10- to 14-inch range. A few anglers have caught trout fishing from the dam. The lake is rising because of runoff. The upper end of the reservoir is muddy. Smallmouth bass fishing is improving as the water temperature rises and should continue to improve. Recent surveys found that trout are making a comeback. There are a good number of 12- to 14-inch rainbows and a fair number of fish up to 21 inches.
Panguitch — Anglers report slow to fair fishing. Try fishing with jigs, Kastmasters and Rapalas close to the shore or trolling. Although fishing is spotty, the fish that are being caught are big and in great condition. All of the fish are healthy and strong, and there is a good mix of rainbow and cutthroat trout, with a scattering of tiger trout. Cutthroat and tiger trout 15 to 22 inches must be released.
Ramp and temperature reports
According to the latest ramp report from the Utah Division of Parks and Recreation, the only ramp closed is at Wide Hollow at Escalante State Park, which is currently under construction.
Water temperatures are rising, but only a few are at the comfortable level. Temperatures at Gunlock State Park, Sand Hollow State Park and Quail Creek State Park in the southern tip of the state are in the lower 70s.
Huntington State Park, Hyrum Lake State Park, Otter Creek State Park, Red Fleet State Park and Starvation State Park are holding around 60 degrees.
The coldest waters are at Jordanelle State Park (52 degrees), Palisade State Park (49 degrees) and Scofield State Park (52 degrees).
Water temperatures at Flaming Gorge are 54 degrees and at Strawberry 50 degrees.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 108
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 65
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 31
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 22
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 21
- Decades later, Thurl Bailey and N.C.... 12
- Free agent roundup: Where local... 11