BYU football: Harvey Unga entering NFL supplemental draft
It appears former BYU running back Harvey Unga has made a decision about his future.
According to profootballtalk.com, Unga, the Cougars' all-time leading rusher, is entering the NFL supplemental draft.
Unga withdrew from school in April for violating the honor code. BYU officials would not allow him to apply for re-admittance to school until January at the soonest.
The supplemental draft is scheduled for July.
According to the website, "The supplemental draft unfolds like a silent auction, with teams submitting at the start of each 'round' the name of any player they'd like to select. Priority is pre-determined based on 2009 records. Any team that obtains a player via the supplemental draft sacrifices the corresponding draft pick from the following year's entry draft."
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 56
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37