BYU football: Harvey Unga entering NFL supplemental draft
It appears former BYU running back Harvey Unga has made a decision about his future.
According to profootballtalk.com, Unga, the Cougars' all-time leading rusher, is entering the NFL supplemental draft.
Unga withdrew from school in April for violating the honor code. BYU officials would not allow him to apply for re-admittance to school until January at the soonest.
The supplemental draft is scheduled for July.
According to the website, "The supplemental draft unfolds like a silent auction, with teams submitting at the start of each 'round' the name of any player they'd like to select. Priority is pre-determined based on 2009 records. Any team that obtains a player via the supplemental draft sacrifices the corresponding draft pick from the following year's entry draft."
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 29
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24