Eagar endorses Bridgewater for U.S. Senate while Lee announces military advisory committee
SALT LAKE CITY — Former foes made their peace Wednesday when Cherilyn Eagar announced her support for Tim Bridgewater's U.S. Senate candidacy.
Eagar ran for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate seat that is currently occupied by Bob Bennett, but she finished fourth behind Bridgewater, Bennett and Mike Lee, on May 8, during the first round of voting at Utah's Republican convention. Bennett was later eliminated, and Bridgewater and Lee will face off for the Republican nomination in the June 22 primary.
"My decision to endorse Tim stems from observations I made along the campaign trail over several months," Eagar said. "I saw firsthand how Tim and his campaign conducted themselves with respect and integrity with all the candidates.
"I could see his leadership directing them to do so. His lifelong experience as a businessman creating jobs in the private sector here in Utah is no doubt the kind of experience and background Utah needs from its next senator."
Also Wednesday, Lee announced the formation of a military advisory committee to assist him with national security and veterans issues.
— Jamshid Ghazi Askar
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Heber boy in custody battle found in Tulsa...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 50
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 24