Eagar endorses Bridgewater for U.S. Senate while Lee announces military advisory committee
SALT LAKE CITY — Former foes made their peace Wednesday when Cherilyn Eagar announced her support for Tim Bridgewater's U.S. Senate candidacy.
Eagar ran for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate seat that is currently occupied by Bob Bennett, but she finished fourth behind Bridgewater, Bennett and Mike Lee, on May 8, during the first round of voting at Utah's Republican convention. Bennett was later eliminated, and Bridgewater and Lee will face off for the Republican nomination in the June 22 primary.
"My decision to endorse Tim stems from observations I made along the campaign trail over several months," Eagar said. "I saw firsthand how Tim and his campaign conducted themselves with respect and integrity with all the candidates.
"I could see his leadership directing them to do so. His lifelong experience as a businessman creating jobs in the private sector here in Utah is no doubt the kind of experience and background Utah needs from its next senator."
Also Wednesday, Lee announced the formation of a military advisory committee to assist him with national security and veterans issues.
— Jamshid Ghazi Askar
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12