Eagar endorses Bridgewater for U.S. Senate while Lee announces military advisory committee
SALT LAKE CITY — Former foes made their peace Wednesday when Cherilyn Eagar announced her support for Tim Bridgewater's U.S. Senate candidacy.
Eagar ran for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate seat that is currently occupied by Bob Bennett, but she finished fourth behind Bridgewater, Bennett and Mike Lee, on May 8, during the first round of voting at Utah's Republican convention. Bennett was later eliminated, and Bridgewater and Lee will face off for the Republican nomination in the June 22 primary.
"My decision to endorse Tim stems from observations I made along the campaign trail over several months," Eagar said. "I saw firsthand how Tim and his campaign conducted themselves with respect and integrity with all the candidates.
"I could see his leadership directing them to do so. His lifelong experience as a businessman creating jobs in the private sector here in Utah is no doubt the kind of experience and background Utah needs from its next senator."
Also Wednesday, Lee announced the formation of a military advisory committee to assist him with national security and veterans issues.
— Jamshid Ghazi Askar
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14