Eagar endorses Bridgewater for U.S. Senate while Lee announces military advisory committee
SALT LAKE CITY — Former foes made their peace Wednesday when Cherilyn Eagar announced her support for Tim Bridgewater's U.S. Senate candidacy.
Eagar ran for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate seat that is currently occupied by Bob Bennett, but she finished fourth behind Bridgewater, Bennett and Mike Lee, on May 8, during the first round of voting at Utah's Republican convention. Bennett was later eliminated, and Bridgewater and Lee will face off for the Republican nomination in the June 22 primary.
"My decision to endorse Tim stems from observations I made along the campaign trail over several months," Eagar said. "I saw firsthand how Tim and his campaign conducted themselves with respect and integrity with all the candidates.
"I could see his leadership directing them to do so. His lifelong experience as a businessman creating jobs in the private sector here in Utah is no doubt the kind of experience and background Utah needs from its next senator."
Also Wednesday, Lee announced the formation of a military advisory committee to assist him with national security and veterans issues.
— Jamshid Ghazi Askar
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Utah case highlights painful challenges...
- Panel recommends options to reduce aviation...
- Audit of embattled S.L. County Recorder's...
- Woman critically injured in Bountiful...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 75
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17