MAGNA — A boy who was reported missing for 31/2 hours was found sleeping under a pile of clothes in his house Wednesday night.
The 5-year-old boy had gotten into a dispute with his parents about 8 p.m. and he ran off, said Unified Police Lt. Don Hutson. His parents called police about 8:30 p.m.
Between 40 and 50 law enforcers, including dive team members from the search and rescue team who went into a nearby canal, participated in the search of the area around 7900 West and 3700 South. At 11:30 p.m., the boy was found hiding under a large pile of laundry, Hutson said. Investigators believe the boy had fallen asleep but also was intentionally trying to stay hidden.
Regardless, Hutson said police were pleased the boy was safe. "This is the kind of ending we like to see."
— Pat Reavy
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17