MAGNA — A boy who was reported missing for 31/2 hours was found sleeping under a pile of clothes in his house Wednesday night.
The 5-year-old boy had gotten into a dispute with his parents about 8 p.m. and he ran off, said Unified Police Lt. Don Hutson. His parents called police about 8:30 p.m.
Between 40 and 50 law enforcers, including dive team members from the search and rescue team who went into a nearby canal, participated in the search of the area around 7900 West and 3700 South. At 11:30 p.m., the boy was found hiding under a large pile of laundry, Hutson said. Investigators believe the boy had fallen asleep but also was intentionally trying to stay hidden.
Regardless, Hutson said police were pleased the boy was safe. "This is the kind of ending we like to see."
— Pat Reavy
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Navajo man pleads guilty to killing another...
- Girls Go Digital: Summer camps for young...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14