MAGNA — A boy who was reported missing for 31/2 hours was found sleeping under a pile of clothes in his house Wednesday night.
The 5-year-old boy had gotten into a dispute with his parents about 8 p.m. and he ran off, said Unified Police Lt. Don Hutson. His parents called police about 8:30 p.m.
Between 40 and 50 law enforcers, including dive team members from the search and rescue team who went into a nearby canal, participated in the search of the area around 7900 West and 3700 South. At 11:30 p.m., the boy was found hiding under a large pile of laundry, Hutson said. Investigators believe the boy had fallen asleep but also was intentionally trying to stay hidden.
Regardless, Hutson said police were pleased the boy was safe. "This is the kind of ending we like to see."
— Pat Reavy
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15