MAGNA — A boy who was reported missing for 31/2 hours was found sleeping under a pile of clothes in his house Wednesday night.
The 5-year-old boy had gotten into a dispute with his parents about 8 p.m. and he ran off, said Unified Police Lt. Don Hutson. His parents called police about 8:30 p.m.
Between 40 and 50 law enforcers, including dive team members from the search and rescue team who went into a nearby canal, participated in the search of the area around 7900 West and 3700 South. At 11:30 p.m., the boy was found hiding under a large pile of laundry, Hutson said. Investigators believe the boy had fallen asleep but also was intentionally trying to stay hidden.
Regardless, Hutson said police were pleased the boy was safe. "This is the kind of ending we like to see."
— Pat Reavy
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 35
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Government regulation has become like... 23
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22