MAGNA — A boy who was reported missing for 31/2 hours was found sleeping under a pile of clothes in his house Wednesday night.
The 5-year-old boy had gotten into a dispute with his parents about 8 p.m. and he ran off, said Unified Police Lt. Don Hutson. His parents called police about 8:30 p.m.
Between 40 and 50 law enforcers, including dive team members from the search and rescue team who went into a nearby canal, participated in the search of the area around 7900 West and 3700 South. At 11:30 p.m., the boy was found hiding under a large pile of laundry, Hutson said. Investigators believe the boy had fallen asleep but also was intentionally trying to stay hidden.
Regardless, Hutson said police were pleased the boy was safe. "This is the kind of ending we like to see."
— Pat Reavy
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9