It is sad that Rep. Steve Mascaro (My View, May 11) can't find the Utah Republican Party after he "used it for more than 40 years." Isn't this the same representative who wanted to put a tax surcharge on families with more than three children — even if they did not use the public school system?
Serving in political office is not supposed to be a career. It is supposed to be an inconvenient sacrifice for the benefit of one's country. Just ask George Washington and Ben Franklin.
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our thoughts...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all: Religion...
- Letter: Slap to our history
- Drew Clark: The beams and motes of getting...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 90
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 73
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: Fairness for all:... 41
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination... 36
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27