It is sad that Rep. Steve Mascaro (My View, May 11) can't find the Utah Republican Party after he "used it for more than 40 years." Isn't this the same representative who wanted to put a tax surcharge on families with more than three children — even if they did not use the public school system?
Serving in political office is not supposed to be a career. It is supposed to be an inconvenient sacrifice for the benefit of one's country. Just ask George Washington and Ben Franklin.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29