It is sad that Rep. Steve Mascaro (My View, May 11) can't find the Utah Republican Party after he "used it for more than 40 years." Isn't this the same representative who wanted to put a tax surcharge on families with more than three children — even if they did not use the public school system?
Serving in political office is not supposed to be a career. It is supposed to be an inconvenient sacrifice for the benefit of one's country. Just ask George Washington and Ben Franklin.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 33
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27