It is sad that Rep. Steve Mascaro (My View, May 11) can't find the Utah Republican Party after he "used it for more than 40 years." Isn't this the same representative who wanted to put a tax surcharge on families with more than three children — even if they did not use the public school system?
Serving in political office is not supposed to be a career. It is supposed to be an inconvenient sacrifice for the benefit of one's country. Just ask George Washington and Ben Franklin.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24