It is sad that Rep. Steve Mascaro (My View, May 11) can't find the Utah Republican Party after he "used it for more than 40 years." Isn't this the same representative who wanted to put a tax surcharge on families with more than three children — even if they did not use the public school system?
Serving in political office is not supposed to be a career. It is supposed to be an inconvenient sacrifice for the benefit of one's country. Just ask George Washington and Ben Franklin.
- 10 movies that offended foreign governments
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court delivers...
- Robert Bennett: Shurtleff and Swallow are...
- My view: Amnesty towards border children is...
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should...
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize...
- About Utah: Q&A with former Kearns,...
- Letter: Gun control
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 55
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 55
- Letter: Gun control 50
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 49
- Letter: Obama fans? 45