PAYSON — Utah County planners are discussing new roads, including another freeway, to move people in and out of the south Utah County area and avoid "another Lehi."
State Route 73 through Lehi became congested when residential development in the northwest Utah County cities of Eagle Mountain and Saratoga Springs overwhelmed the existing highway.
A new freeway may spin off Pioneer Crossing, a road under construction now to alleviate northwest Utah County traffic, then head south on the west side of state Route 68 and loop back to I-15 south of Santaquin. It could become part of the Mountain View Corridor planned for the west side of Salt Lake City.
Just where it would intersect with I-15 still is undecided, Utah County Commissioner Larry Ellertson said Tuesday at the ninth annual Nebo Economic Summit. Some critics of the plan have suggested that the new freeway extend to Mona in Juab County.
Additionally, Santaquin officials are looking for land to build another access to the Goshen Valley from I-15 to avoid the kind of congestion Lehi is experiencing now.
— Rodger L. Hardy
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 84
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 31
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7