Perhaps if we lived in Arizona, where illegal immigrants are pouring into the state, we might be encouraged because the state is finally trying to curb such illegal practices. Where is the Deseret News editorial opinion's compassion for the people who are legally living there? Yes, this new immigration law may be hard to enforce, but it is a start and maybe even an impetus to other states to try their hand at such a law. Perhaps then the federal government would get the message that it is urgent to act on this chronic problem.
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 56
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: No limits 20