Perhaps if we lived in Arizona, where illegal immigrants are pouring into the state, we might be encouraged because the state is finally trying to curb such illegal practices. Where is the Deseret News editorial opinion's compassion for the people who are legally living there? Yes, this new immigration law may be hard to enforce, but it is a start and maybe even an impetus to other states to try their hand at such a law. Perhaps then the federal government would get the message that it is urgent to act on this chronic problem.
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 43
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 17
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16