Perhaps if we lived in Arizona, where illegal immigrants are pouring into the state, we might be encouraged because the state is finally trying to curb such illegal practices. Where is the Deseret News editorial opinion's compassion for the people who are legally living there? Yes, this new immigration law may be hard to enforce, but it is a start and maybe even an impetus to other states to try their hand at such a law. Perhaps then the federal government would get the message that it is urgent to act on this chronic problem.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 29