Utah Jazz: Kyle Korver sets NBA record for 3-point accuracy
SALT LAKE CITY — It's a good thing Kyle Korver had a few misses to spare.
Though he missed his only 3-point attempt in Wednesday's 100-86 loss to Phoenix, the Utah Jazz long-ball specialist didn't shoot himself out of the NBA record books.
The opposite happened over the course of the season, in fact. Korver finished the 2009-10 campaign hitting 53.6 percent of his 3-point shots to secure the NBA's single-season accuracy record.
"I would've liked to have gotten it hitting a bunch of them tonight," Korver said, "but it's something that when the season's over you can be proud of, for sure.
"It's not one night's work," Korver added. "It's a whole season's work."
The unrestricted free-agent-to-be drilled 59-of-110 3-pointers, edging the record percentage of .524 that Steve Kerr held since 1994-95. Korver only played in 52 games for the Jazz. His spot-on shooting surged after he finally returned fully healthy after the All-Star break, having struggled with wrist and knee issues following surgeries to both in the past year.
Jeff Hornacek had Utah's best 3-point-shooting season, having shot 47.8 percent from beyond the arc (66-for-138) in 1999-2000.
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- Plenty of blame to go around for Cougars...
- Utah Utes football live blog: No. 19 Utes...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco...
- Utah-USC: Battle of ranked teams at...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz wrap up preseason play at 5-3...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 114
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 61
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21
- BYU walk-on Carter makes most of... 19
- Beast mode: Utah running back Devontae... 18
- BYU-Boise State game expected to... 16