Utah Jazz: Kyle Korver sets NBA record for 3-point accuracy
SALT LAKE CITY — It's a good thing Kyle Korver had a few misses to spare.
Though he missed his only 3-point attempt in Wednesday's 100-86 loss to Phoenix, the Utah Jazz long-ball specialist didn't shoot himself out of the NBA record books.
The opposite happened over the course of the season, in fact. Korver finished the 2009-10 campaign hitting 53.6 percent of his 3-point shots to secure the NBA's single-season accuracy record.
"I would've liked to have gotten it hitting a bunch of them tonight," Korver said, "but it's something that when the season's over you can be proud of, for sure.
"It's not one night's work," Korver added. "It's a whole season's work."
The unrestricted free-agent-to-be drilled 59-of-110 3-pointers, edging the record percentage of .524 that Steve Kerr held since 1994-95. Korver only played in 52 games for the Jazz. His spot-on shooting surged after he finally returned fully healthy after the All-Star break, having struggled with wrist and knee issues following surgeries to both in the past year.
Jeff Hornacek had Utah's best 3-point-shooting season, having shot 47.8 percent from beyond the arc (66-for-138) in 1999-2000.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week, moves up...
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State...
- Things won't get any easier for disappointed...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead, game to...
- Mike Sorensen: 5 reasons to be excited (or...
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on 'red-alert'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 280
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 87
- Things won't get any easier for... 64
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 50
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 37
- Dick Harmon: How will Utes slow down... 31
- Utah football pre-game day roundup:... 19