Utah Jazz: Kyle Korver sets NBA record for 3-point accuracy
SALT LAKE CITY — It's a good thing Kyle Korver had a few misses to spare.
Though he missed his only 3-point attempt in Wednesday's 100-86 loss to Phoenix, the Utah Jazz long-ball specialist didn't shoot himself out of the NBA record books.
The opposite happened over the course of the season, in fact. Korver finished the 2009-10 campaign hitting 53.6 percent of his 3-point shots to secure the NBA's single-season accuracy record.
"I would've liked to have gotten it hitting a bunch of them tonight," Korver said, "but it's something that when the season's over you can be proud of, for sure.
"It's not one night's work," Korver added. "It's a whole season's work."
The unrestricted free-agent-to-be drilled 59-of-110 3-pointers, edging the record percentage of .524 that Steve Kerr held since 1994-95. Korver only played in 52 games for the Jazz. His spot-on shooting surged after he finally returned fully healthy after the All-Star break, having struggled with wrist and knee issues following surgeries to both in the past year.
Jeff Hornacek had Utah's best 3-point-shooting season, having shot 47.8 percent from beyond the arc (66-for-138) in 1999-2000.
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- Virginia gearing up for big road test at No....
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron in...
- Amy Donaldson: Domestic violence isn't a...
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia team...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- AAC commish: BYU is a 'power' team 133
- Roller-coaster ride: BYU outlasts... 103
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 97
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Vai's View: BYU's greatest quarterback... 51
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 46