Utah Jazz: Kyle Korver sets NBA record for 3-point accuracy
SALT LAKE CITY — It's a good thing Kyle Korver had a few misses to spare.
Though he missed his only 3-point attempt in Wednesday's 100-86 loss to Phoenix, the Utah Jazz long-ball specialist didn't shoot himself out of the NBA record books.
The opposite happened over the course of the season, in fact. Korver finished the 2009-10 campaign hitting 53.6 percent of his 3-point shots to secure the NBA's single-season accuracy record.
"I would've liked to have gotten it hitting a bunch of them tonight," Korver said, "but it's something that when the season's over you can be proud of, for sure.
"It's not one night's work," Korver added. "It's a whole season's work."
The unrestricted free-agent-to-be drilled 59-of-110 3-pointers, edging the record percentage of .524 that Steve Kerr held since 1994-95. Korver only played in 52 games for the Jazz. His spot-on shooting surged after he finally returned fully healthy after the All-Star break, having struggled with wrist and knee issues following surgeries to both in the past year.
Jeff Hornacek had Utah's best 3-point-shooting season, having shot 47.8 percent from beyond the arc (66-for-138) in 1999-2000.
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave Rose's...
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 49
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 43
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 41
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 33