Utah Jazz: Kyle Korver sets NBA record for 3-point accuracy
SALT LAKE CITY — It's a good thing Kyle Korver had a few misses to spare.
Though he missed his only 3-point attempt in Wednesday's 100-86 loss to Phoenix, the Utah Jazz long-ball specialist didn't shoot himself out of the NBA record books.
The opposite happened over the course of the season, in fact. Korver finished the 2009-10 campaign hitting 53.6 percent of his 3-point shots to secure the NBA's single-season accuracy record.
"I would've liked to have gotten it hitting a bunch of them tonight," Korver said, "but it's something that when the season's over you can be proud of, for sure.
"It's not one night's work," Korver added. "It's a whole season's work."
The unrestricted free-agent-to-be drilled 59-of-110 3-pointers, edging the record percentage of .524 that Steve Kerr held since 1994-95. Korver only played in 52 games for the Jazz. His spot-on shooting surged after he finally returned fully healthy after the All-Star break, having struggled with wrist and knee issues following surgeries to both in the past year.
Jeff Hornacek had Utah's best 3-point-shooting season, having shot 47.8 percent from beyond the arc (66-for-138) in 1999-2000.
- BYU football notebook: Team captains named,...
- Utah football: The Michigan Wolverines in 6...
- Nebraska hoping for balanced offense attack...
- Cougars football team undergoing reality...
- Dick Harmon: Who will face toughest QBs this...
- NFL cuts tracker (updated): Former BYU WR...
- Take expletives, not religion, out of football
- Amy Donaldson: Football has helped Ute...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 94
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 30
- Cougars looking for special season with... 29
- BYU football: With opener one week... 23
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 22
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 20
- Dick Harmon: Who will face toughest QBs... 17