One thing the Jazz do know, though, is that they want both Okur and Kirilenko to be at full-strength for the playoffs. Their size, Okur's outside shooting and Kirilenko's diversity are some of the obvious keys to their long-term success.
"We need," Sloan said, "all the help we can get. ... We need everybody."
Team captain Deron Williams was happy to see both back on the court Sunday. The team will practice again this morning before leaving for the first of their back-to-back games in Oakland on Tuesday. The Jazz return to Salt Lake City for a season-finale showdown with the Suns on Wednesday.
"We've been waiting for them to get back and healthy," Williams said.
Not having a fully healthy Okur doomed the Jazz from the get-go — or at least was one of the problems — in the first round against the Los Angeles Lakers in 2009.
"You always want a team at full strength when you get into the playoffs because you need everybody to be successful," Williams said, adding that he hopes Kirilenko doesn't reinjure himself. "We definitely need A.K. to be successful. He brings a dimension to our team that nobody on this team can bring."
Race for No. 2
Western Conference playoff seedings
1. L.A. Lakers 56-24
2. Dallas 53-27
3. Denver 52-28
4. Utah 52-28
5. Phoenix 52-28
6. S. Antonio 49-31
7. Portland 49-31
8. Ok. City 49-31
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- Boys high school top track performances, 2013...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- Girls high school track top performances,...
- Utah Jazz: Team is a long shot to win NBA's...
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 95
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 39
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 30
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 22
- Van Noy named to Lott IMPACT trophy... 14
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 13
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 12