One thing the Jazz do know, though, is that they want both Okur and Kirilenko to be at full-strength for the playoffs. Their size, Okur's outside shooting and Kirilenko's diversity are some of the obvious keys to their long-term success.
"We need," Sloan said, "all the help we can get. ... We need everybody."
Team captain Deron Williams was happy to see both back on the court Sunday. The team will practice again this morning before leaving for the first of their back-to-back games in Oakland on Tuesday. The Jazz return to Salt Lake City for a season-finale showdown with the Suns on Wednesday.
"We've been waiting for them to get back and healthy," Williams said.
Not having a fully healthy Okur doomed the Jazz from the get-go — or at least was one of the problems — in the first round against the Los Angeles Lakers in 2009.
"You always want a team at full strength when you get into the playoffs because you need everybody to be successful," Williams said, adding that he hopes Kirilenko doesn't reinjure himself. "We definitely need A.K. to be successful. He brings a dimension to our team that nobody on this team can bring."
Race for No. 2
Western Conference playoff seedings
1. L.A. Lakers 56-24
2. Dallas 53-27
3. Denver 52-28
4. Utah 52-28
5. Phoenix 52-28
6. S. Antonio 49-31
7. Portland 49-31
8. Ok. City 49-31
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 91
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 76
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 50
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 36