Utah Jazz: Andrei Kirilenko still not ready for full action
SALT LAKE CITY ?— Utah Jazz fans will get at least one more chance to see what the dressy section of Andrei Kirilenko's wardrobe has in it.
The small forward is being listed as out by the team for Tuesday's home game against the Oklahoma City Thunder due to a strained left calf. Kirilenko has already missed 10 of the past 12 games because of the injured muscle and didn't travel with the team to Los Angeles for Friday's loss.
"It's getting better — slowly," Kirilenko said.
He did have more positive news on Saturday. Kirilenko didn't practice, but he was able to work out a little at the Jazz's training facility. He also ditched the walking boot he's been sporting to support the muscle.
Kirilenko smiled when talking about that and was happy to increase his activity level. He guesstimates he'll be ready to resume practicing in three or four days. But he isn't going to a play a guessing game as to when he can play again. Utah's next game after Tuesday's tilt against the Thunder is Wednesday in Houston, which is the first of three straight road games.
"It's tough to say until the moment you can jump on the floor and do something," Kirilenko said. "I still can't run and can't do those jumps. Walking is fine, which is good."
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41