Utah Jazz: Andrei Kirilenko still not ready for full action
SALT LAKE CITY ?— Utah Jazz fans will get at least one more chance to see what the dressy section of Andrei Kirilenko's wardrobe has in it.
The small forward is being listed as out by the team for Tuesday's home game against the Oklahoma City Thunder due to a strained left calf. Kirilenko has already missed 10 of the past 12 games because of the injured muscle and didn't travel with the team to Los Angeles for Friday's loss.
"It's getting better — slowly," Kirilenko said.
He did have more positive news on Saturday. Kirilenko didn't practice, but he was able to work out a little at the Jazz's training facility. He also ditched the walking boot he's been sporting to support the muscle.
Kirilenko smiled when talking about that and was happy to increase his activity level. He guesstimates he'll be ready to resume practicing in three or four days. But he isn't going to a play a guessing game as to when he can play again. Utah's next game after Tuesday's tilt against the Thunder is Wednesday in Houston, which is the first of three straight road games.
"It's tough to say until the moment you can jump on the floor and do something," Kirilenko said. "I still can't run and can't do those jumps. Walking is fine, which is good."
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Plenty of blame to go around for Cougars...
- Utah-USC: Battle of ranked teams at...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz wrap up preseason play at 5-3...
- Former BYU Cougar and returned missionary...
- BYU football report card: Boise State's big...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 113
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 61
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21
- Beast mode: Utah running back Devontae... 18
- BYU walk-on Carter makes most of... 18