Utah, Southern Utah and Brigham Young all moved up a bit in the final regular-season NCAA women's gymnastics rankings of the 2010 season, and all three will advance to the postseason.
BYU, which had been on the bubble, standing 35th last week, jumped to 26th with two strong scores last week, and it will make the regional field of 36 easily.
Southern Utah moved into the top 18, meaning it will be one of the 18 seeded teams and will be likely sent to a regional other than the North Central to be held at Utah April 10. Utah will stay in its home regional. By formula, it should have No. 3 UCLA and No. 15 Missouri in Salt Lake City, but Missouri is also a regional host, so things will be adjusted by the NCAA.
Results of the NCAA regional assignments should be made known Monday afternoon.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37