Utah, Southern Utah and Brigham Young all moved up a bit in the final regular-season NCAA women's gymnastics rankings of the 2010 season, and all three will advance to the postseason.
BYU, which had been on the bubble, standing 35th last week, jumped to 26th with two strong scores last week, and it will make the regional field of 36 easily.
Southern Utah moved into the top 18, meaning it will be one of the 18 seeded teams and will be likely sent to a regional other than the North Central to be held at Utah April 10. Utah will stay in its home regional. By formula, it should have No. 3 UCLA and No. 15 Missouri in Salt Lake City, but Missouri is also a regional host, so things will be adjusted by the NCAA.
Results of the NCAA regional assignments should be made known Monday afternoon.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34