WASHINGTON — Mehmet Okur had 22 points and 11 rebounds and the Utah Jazz beat Washington 103-87 on Saturday night, extending the Wizards' team-record losing streak to 15 games.
Deron Williams had 20 points and 12 assists for the Jazz, and Carlos Boozer added 22 points — hitting all eight of his second-half shots — and 10 rebounds.
Andray Blatche led Washington with 20 points, and Nick Young had 16. The Wizards haven't won since Feb. 28.
Utah closed within a half-game of behind Denver for the Northwest Division lead. After a disappointing effort Friday night in a 122-106 loss to Indiana, the Jazz had the perfect opponent to regain their form.
The Jazz led for the final three quarters of the game and took control in the third quarter. Utah made 11 of its 14 shots in the third and outscored the Wizards 8-1 over the final 2 minutes of the quarter.
Boozer had a big dunk with a minute left, and Wesley Matthews converted a three-point play with less than a second left to give the Jazz a 80-65 lead going into the final period. Utah's lead never dipped below 10 the rest of the game.
Utah was missing star forward Andrei Kirilenko, who sat out for the fifth time in six games with a left calf injury. Kirilenko missed four games before playing into the fourth quarter Friday. Kirilenko, averaging 11.9 points, said he would have an MRI exam on Sunday.
C.J. Miles took Kirilenko's spot in the starting lineup and scored 10 points.
Utah took the lead late in the first quarter and built the lead to double digits in the second. The Jazz led by 12 with 30 seconds to go in the half before Young gave the Wizards some life by scoring five straight points, including a buzzer-beating 3-pointer, cutting Utah's edge to 50-43 at halftime.
NOTES: Wizards F Al Thornton (right hip) missed his second straight game. G Randy Foye (wrist) also sat out. ... Alonzo Gee will be signed for the rest of the season, Wizards coach Flip Saunders said. Gee has been playing on his second 10-day contract. ... This was the final Eastern Conference road game for Utah. ... Jazz coach Jerry Sloan will turn 68 on Sunday. ... Utah has 10 wins in March.
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 33