will be open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., with a
grand opening planned April 2-10 that will feature author signings and
product giveaways. Customers can access underground parking on South
Temple, west of the store.Deseret Book timeline:1886: George Q. Cannon & Sons, the forerunner of Deseret Book,
opens for business at 44 E. South Temple. Its first product is the
Juvenile Instructor magazine.1898: Store relocates to 13 S. Main.1900: George Q. Cannon & Sons sells its publishing and bookselling
business to the Deseret News, and the Juvenile Instructor was taken
over by the Deseret Sunday School Union.1919: The Deseret News and Deseret Sunday School Union bookstores
consolidate, resulting in the formation of the Deseret Book Co.
1932: Deseret Book Co. incorporates as a Utah corporation and becomes a tax-paying, profit-oriented business.
1959: First branch store opens on Washington Boulevard in Ogden.
1976: Grand opening of the new Deseret Book store at 44 E. South Temple (as part of the ZCMI Center).
1990: Downtown Salt Lake store moves inside the ZCMI Center Mall.
2007: Deseret Book corporate offices relocate to newly refurbished building at 57 W. South Temple.
2010: New Deseret Book flagship store opens at 45 W. South Temple.
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Honeyville man, 39, identified as avalanche...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Senate committee snuffs out e-cigarettes...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 55
- National, local businesses file briefs... 53
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 26
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 22
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 19