will be open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., with a
grand opening planned April 2-10 that will feature author signings and
product giveaways. Customers can access underground parking on South
Temple, west of the store.Deseret Book timeline:1886: George Q. Cannon & Sons, the forerunner of Deseret Book,
opens for business at 44 E. South Temple. Its first product is the
Juvenile Instructor magazine.1898: Store relocates to 13 S. Main.1900: George Q. Cannon & Sons sells its publishing and bookselling
business to the Deseret News, and the Juvenile Instructor was taken
over by the Deseret Sunday School Union.1919: The Deseret News and Deseret Sunday School Union bookstores
consolidate, resulting in the formation of the Deseret Book Co.
1932: Deseret Book Co. incorporates as a Utah corporation and becomes a tax-paying, profit-oriented business.
1959: First branch store opens on Washington Boulevard in Ogden.
1976: Grand opening of the new Deseret Book store at 44 E. South Temple (as part of the ZCMI Center).
1990: Downtown Salt Lake store moves inside the ZCMI Center Mall.
2007: Deseret Book corporate offices relocate to newly refurbished building at 57 W. South Temple.
2010: New Deseret Book flagship store opens at 45 W. South Temple.
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in Utah...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other elected...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- The Grand America and the Flower Patch: Once...
- Passerby was mistakenly used as translator in...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 66
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 36
- Do Utah high school students need four... 26
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 19
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10