Within a year
Provides a $250 rebate this year to Medicare prescription drug beneficiaries whose initial benefits run out.
90 days after enactment
Provides immediate access to high-risk pools for people with no insurance because of pre-existing conditions.
Six months after enactment
Bars insurers from denying people coverage when they get sick and from denying coverage to children with pre-existing conditions.
Bars insurers from imposing lifetime caps on coverage.
Requires insurers to let people stay on their parents' policies until age 26.
Requires individual and small group market plans to spend 80 percent of premium dollars on medical services. Large group plans would have to spend at least 85 percent.
Increases the Medicare payroll tax and expands it to dividend, interest and other unearned income for singles earning more than $200,000 and joint filers making more than $250,000.
Provides subsidies for families earning up to 400 percent of poverty level, currently about $88,000 a year, to purchase health insurance.
Requires most employers to provide coverage or face penalties.
Requires most people to obtain coverage or face penalties.
Imposes a 40 percent excise tax on high-end insurance policies.
Expands health insurance coverage to 32 million people.
SOURCES: Speaker of the House, Congressional Budget Office, Kaiser Family Foundation
- The Latest: Defiant Kentucky clerk goes to...
- President Uchtdorf dedicates addition to...
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as their...
- Republican Huckabee to visit jailed Kentucky...
- Trump vows no third-party bid, will back GOP...
- Disney unveils Star Wars toys amid marketing...
- Drowned Syrian boys buried in hometown they fled
- Gold fever hits Poland with possible...
- Kentucky clerk still won't issue... 129
- The Latest: Defiant Kentucky clerk goes... 115
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as... 81
- Compromise could fix Kentucky's wedding... 62
- Latest Clinton emails show frustrations... 26
- In Alaska, Obama depicts stark future... 21
- Obama gets Iran deal win as Senate Dems... 21
- AP sources: GOP seeks pledge to avert... 20