SALT LAKE CITY — After a battle that lasted more than six months, Versus and DirecTV have finally settled their differences.
The sports channel returned to the satellite TV provider's lineup on Monday — two days after DirecTV subscribers couldn't watch the Mountain West Conference tournament finals on Versus.
Depending on which side you believe, the two camps were battling over channel placement and/or compensation. Financial terms of the deal were not announced, but Versus is returning to the same channel (603) and programming tiers it occupied before it was removed by DirecTV back in August.
The end to this long battle means that BYU and Utah fans who are DirecTV subscribers will now have access to all three networks that carry Mountain West sports — The mtn., CBS College Sports and Versus.
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Ben Barnes, Katherine Heigl in tune in...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy:...
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- Living with Children: Late nights, not school...
- Staying faithful: How the Internet changed...
- Salt Lake festival lets people 'share yoga'
- US judge blocks enforcement of new... 9
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Living with Children: Late nights, not... 5
- US eating habits improve a bit —... 4
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola... 3
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 3
- 5 parenting lessons from movies 3