SALT LAKE CITY — After a battle that lasted more than six months, Versus and DirecTV have finally settled their differences.
The sports channel returned to the satellite TV provider's lineup on Monday — two days after DirecTV subscribers couldn't watch the Mountain West Conference tournament finals on Versus.
Depending on which side you believe, the two camps were battling over channel placement and/or compensation. Financial terms of the deal were not announced, but Versus is returning to the same channel (603) and programming tiers it occupied before it was removed by DirecTV back in August.
The end to this long battle means that BYU and Utah fans who are DirecTV subscribers will now have access to all three networks that carry Mountain West sports — The mtn., CBS College Sports and Versus.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- 2015 summer festivals and celebrations around...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- How strict should parents really be?
- 'Tomorrowland' takes top spot at box office...
- Want to lose weight? Watch where you put what...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay... 170
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 19
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 16
- David Letterman leaves late night with... 12
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 11
- Democrats see skimpy insurance as the... 10
- Family stress and poverty affect... 8
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 7