It's common Mormon lore that God's hand was in the founding of the United States of America. Prophets have talked about it over the pulpit numerous times, and it's in the Doctrine and Covenants.
But, according to bestselling author Chris Stewart and his brother Ted, miracles didn't cease in 1776 or 1820.
So why would Chris, author of the "Great and Terrible" series and an Air Force pilot, and Ted, who's served in politics for many years, feel the need to write an entire book on something that's already a given?
"Many people think America may no longer be worthy of God's help," Chris Stewart told the Deseret News last month.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, others to...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates... 10
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The effect of having a widow's mite of... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1