It's common Mormon lore that God's hand was in the founding of the United States of America. Prophets have talked about it over the pulpit numerous times, and it's in the Doctrine and Covenants.
But, according to bestselling author Chris Stewart and his brother Ted, miracles didn't cease in 1776 or 1820.
So why would Chris, author of the "Great and Terrible" series and an Air Force pilot, and Ted, who's served in politics for many years, feel the need to write an entire book on something that's already a given?
"Many people think America may no longer be worthy of God's help," Chris Stewart told the Deseret News last month.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 171
- Why I don’t call myself a... 95
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 64
- General Women's Session focuses on... 29
- State bills to protect religious... 21
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 14
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 12