It's common Mormon lore that God's hand was in the founding of the United States of America. Prophets have talked about it over the pulpit numerous times, and it's in the Doctrine and Covenants.
But, according to bestselling author Chris Stewart and his brother Ted, miracles didn't cease in 1776 or 1820.
So why would Chris, author of the "Great and Terrible" series and an Air Force pilot, and Ted, who's served in politics for many years, feel the need to write an entire book on something that's already a given?
"Many people think America may no longer be worthy of God's help," Chris Stewart told the Deseret News last month.
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Public invited to funeral services for Sister...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Woman told she would never walk, talk defies...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 32
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 22
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17
- Hundreds of teens in Southern... 12
- Public invited to funeral services for... 9