It's common Mormon lore that God's hand was in the founding of the United States of America. Prophets have talked about it over the pulpit numerous times, and it's in the Doctrine and Covenants.
But, according to bestselling author Chris Stewart and his brother Ted, miracles didn't cease in 1776 or 1820.
So why would Chris, author of the "Great and Terrible" series and an Air Force pilot, and Ted, who's served in politics for many years, feel the need to write an entire book on something that's already a given?
"Many people think America may no longer be worthy of God's help," Chris Stewart told the Deseret News last month.
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- Rare LDS Church document discovered that...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the...
- Joseph and Emma Smith as parents
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 79
- Are church youth dances outdated? 63
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries... 56
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms.... 38
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences... 13
- Okla. attorney general wants private... 13
- Joseph and Emma Smith as parents 10
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the... 10