OGDEN — A burglary suspect with clown eyes and mouth tattooed on his face was arrested Thursday by members of a fugitive task force.
Tony Alexander Pete, 43, was found about 11:45 p.m. hiding in a home at 763 27th St. by members of the U.S. Marshals Joint Criminal Apprehension Team.
JCAT agents had gone to the home looking for another individual when they encountered Pete, said deputy U.S. marshal Troy Briggs.
"He was hiding or living in a closet," Briggs said.
Agents did not find the person they were looking for at the home.
Pete, whose street name is "Happy," was arrested on a $500 warrant for criminal trespass and booked into the Weber County Jail. Ogden Police Sgt. Danielle Croyle said Pete is a suspect in a Feb. 24 home burglary. However, she said the alleged victim hasn't been entirely forthcoming with detectives. The burglary investigation is ongoing.
— Geoff Liesik
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10