OGDEN — A burglary suspect with clown eyes and mouth tattooed on his face was arrested Thursday by members of a fugitive task force.
Tony Alexander Pete, 43, was found about 11:45 p.m. hiding in a home at 763 27th St. by members of the U.S. Marshals Joint Criminal Apprehension Team.
JCAT agents had gone to the home looking for another individual when they encountered Pete, said deputy U.S. marshal Troy Briggs.
"He was hiding or living in a closet," Briggs said.
Agents did not find the person they were looking for at the home.
Pete, whose street name is "Happy," was arrested on a $500 warrant for criminal trespass and booked into the Weber County Jail. Ogden Police Sgt. Danielle Croyle said Pete is a suspect in a Feb. 24 home burglary. However, she said the alleged victim hasn't been entirely forthcoming with detectives. The burglary investigation is ongoing.
— Geoff Liesik
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 16
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13