OGDEN — A burglary suspect with clown eyes and mouth tattooed on his face was arrested Thursday by members of a fugitive task force.
Tony Alexander Pete, 43, was found about 11:45 p.m. hiding in a home at 763 27th St. by members of the U.S. Marshals Joint Criminal Apprehension Team.
JCAT agents had gone to the home looking for another individual when they encountered Pete, said deputy U.S. marshal Troy Briggs.
"He was hiding or living in a closet," Briggs said.
Agents did not find the person they were looking for at the home.
Pete, whose street name is "Happy," was arrested on a $500 warrant for criminal trespass and booked into the Weber County Jail. Ogden Police Sgt. Danielle Croyle said Pete is a suspect in a Feb. 24 home burglary. However, she said the alleged victim hasn't been entirely forthcoming with detectives. The burglary investigation is ongoing.
— Geoff Liesik
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14