OGDEN — A burglary suspect with clown eyes and mouth tattooed on his face was arrested Thursday by members of a fugitive task force.
Tony Alexander Pete, 43, was found about 11:45 p.m. hiding in a home at 763 27th St. by members of the U.S. Marshals Joint Criminal Apprehension Team.
JCAT agents had gone to the home looking for another individual when they encountered Pete, said deputy U.S. marshal Troy Briggs.
"He was hiding or living in a closet," Briggs said.
Agents did not find the person they were looking for at the home.
Pete, whose street name is "Happy," was arrested on a $500 warrant for criminal trespass and booked into the Weber County Jail. Ogden Police Sgt. Danielle Croyle said Pete is a suspect in a Feb. 24 home burglary. However, she said the alleged victim hasn't been entirely forthcoming with detectives. The burglary investigation is ongoing.
— Geoff Liesik
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12