OGDEN — A burglary suspect with clown eyes and mouth tattooed on his face was arrested Thursday by members of a fugitive task force.
Tony Alexander Pete, 43, was found about 11:45 p.m. hiding in a home at 763 27th St. by members of the U.S. Marshals Joint Criminal Apprehension Team.
JCAT agents had gone to the home looking for another individual when they encountered Pete, said deputy U.S. marshal Troy Briggs.
"He was hiding or living in a closet," Briggs said.
Agents did not find the person they were looking for at the home.
Pete, whose street name is "Happy," was arrested on a $500 warrant for criminal trespass and booked into the Weber County Jail. Ogden Police Sgt. Danielle Croyle said Pete is a suspect in a Feb. 24 home burglary. However, she said the alleged victim hasn't been entirely forthcoming with detectives. The burglary investigation is ongoing.
— Geoff Liesik
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Women innovators leading by example
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 13
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10