Utah Utes basketball: Jim Boylen has heated exchange with media
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
To see video of the interview, please click www.ksl.com.
Utah basketball coach Jim Boylen didn't get over Wednesday's 20-point loss to BYU quickly.
Boylen had a brief, heated exchange with a couple of media members during the post-game interview session.
One reporter asked Boylen how it felt when his team missed the first 12 shots of the second half.
"Like (expletive)," he said.
A later question by Salt Lake Tribune columnist Gordon Monson about the Utes' "offensive inefficiency" elicited this from Boylen: "The ball didn't go in the hoop."
Asked why, he repeated the response.
Asked if he was happy with the schemes, Boylen responded, "Next question."
He added, "Don't come here once every two years and ask those questions. I don't want to hear that from you."
"I can ask the questions," said Monson.
"Good," said Boylen. "I'm not answering it. Don't come here once every two years. I don't want to hear that from you."
Monson replied, "Coach, give me a break — show some class."
Said Boylen, "Yeah, nice of you to show up."
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 103
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 15
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 5