Utah Utes basketball: Jim Boylen has heated exchange with media
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
To see video of the interview, please click www.ksl.com.
Utah basketball coach Jim Boylen didn't get over Wednesday's 20-point loss to BYU quickly.
Boylen had a brief, heated exchange with a couple of media members during the post-game interview session.
One reporter asked Boylen how it felt when his team missed the first 12 shots of the second half.
"Like (expletive)," he said.
A later question by Salt Lake Tribune columnist Gordon Monson about the Utes' "offensive inefficiency" elicited this from Boylen: "The ball didn't go in the hoop."
Asked why, he repeated the response.
Asked if he was happy with the schemes, Boylen responded, "Next question."
He added, "Don't come here once every two years and ask those questions. I don't want to hear that from you."
"I can ask the questions," said Monson.
"Good," said Boylen. "I'm not answering it. Don't come here once every two years. I don't want to hear that from you."
Monson replied, "Coach, give me a break — show some class."
Said Boylen, "Yeah, nice of you to show up."
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 40
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 36
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 30
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21