Utah Utes basketball: Jim Boylen has heated exchange with media
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
To see video of the interview, please click www.ksl.com.
Utah basketball coach Jim Boylen didn't get over Wednesday's 20-point loss to BYU quickly.
Boylen had a brief, heated exchange with a couple of media members during the post-game interview session.
One reporter asked Boylen how it felt when his team missed the first 12 shots of the second half.
"Like (expletive)," he said.
A later question by Salt Lake Tribune columnist Gordon Monson about the Utes' "offensive inefficiency" elicited this from Boylen: "The ball didn't go in the hoop."
Asked why, he repeated the response.
Asked if he was happy with the schemes, Boylen responded, "Next question."
He added, "Don't come here once every two years and ask those questions. I don't want to hear that from you."
"I can ask the questions," said Monson.
"Good," said Boylen. "I'm not answering it. Don't come here once every two years. I don't want to hear that from you."
Monson replied, "Coach, give me a break — show some class."
Said Boylen, "Yeah, nice of you to show up."
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior season
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high...
- Felt's Facts, championship edition: Breaking...
- Return to Utah allows Southern Virginia...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The championship edition
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars past...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 136
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 92
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- BYU to welcome FCS team Savannah State... 39
- Utes still have outside chance at... 30
- Brady Poppinga: From an early age I... 24
- Utah moves up to No. 20/21 after... 22
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21