Utah Utes basketball: Jim Boylen has heated exchange with media
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
To see video of the interview, please click www.ksl.com.
Utah basketball coach Jim Boylen didn't get over Wednesday's 20-point loss to BYU quickly.
Boylen had a brief, heated exchange with a couple of media members during the post-game interview session.
One reporter asked Boylen how it felt when his team missed the first 12 shots of the second half.
"Like (expletive)," he said.
A later question by Salt Lake Tribune columnist Gordon Monson about the Utes' "offensive inefficiency" elicited this from Boylen: "The ball didn't go in the hoop."
Asked why, he repeated the response.
Asked if he was happy with the schemes, Boylen responded, "Next question."
He added, "Don't come here once every two years and ask those questions. I don't want to hear that from you."
"I can ask the questions," said Monson.
"Good," said Boylen. "I'm not answering it. Don't come here once every two years. I don't want to hear that from you."
Monson replied, "Coach, give me a break — show some class."
Said Boylen, "Yeah, nice of you to show up."
- Ranking the 26 Utah ties selected in the NFL...
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises BYU...
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed after...
- Doug Robinson: The era (and myth) of the...
- Dick Harmon: LaVell Edwards chimes in on NFL...
- Doug Robinson: A girl for all seasons: One...
- Boxing champ Gene Fullmer: An ordinary family...
- Utahns in baseball: Ex-Utah pitcher Tyler...
- BYU announces 2015 football schedule,... 91
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises... 64
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed... 49
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September... 45
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal... 42
- BYU hires Lone Peak's Quincy Lewis as... 40
- Doug Robinson: The era (and myth) of... 35
- BYU's 2015 bowl destination could be... 32