Utah Utes basketball: Jim Boylen has heated exchange with media
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
To see video of the interview, please click www.ksl.com.
Utah basketball coach Jim Boylen didn't get over Wednesday's 20-point loss to BYU quickly.
Boylen had a brief, heated exchange with a couple of media members during the post-game interview session.
One reporter asked Boylen how it felt when his team missed the first 12 shots of the second half.
"Like (expletive)," he said.
A later question by Salt Lake Tribune columnist Gordon Monson about the Utes' "offensive inefficiency" elicited this from Boylen: "The ball didn't go in the hoop."
Asked why, he repeated the response.
Asked if he was happy with the schemes, Boylen responded, "Next question."
He added, "Don't come here once every two years and ask those questions. I don't want to hear that from you."
"I can ask the questions," said Monson.
"Good," said Boylen. "I'm not answering it. Don't come here once every two years. I don't want to hear that from you."
Monson replied, "Coach, give me a break — show some class."
Said Boylen, "Yeah, nice of you to show up."
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Utah Jazz: Latest acquisition Booker aims to...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 91
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 75
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 40
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 25