Utah Utes basketball: Jim Boylen has heated exchange with media
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
To see video of the interview, please click www.ksl.com.
Utah basketball coach Jim Boylen didn't get over Wednesday's 20-point loss to BYU quickly.
Boylen had a brief, heated exchange with a couple of media members during the post-game interview session.
One reporter asked Boylen how it felt when his team missed the first 12 shots of the second half.
"Like (expletive)," he said.
A later question by Salt Lake Tribune columnist Gordon Monson about the Utes' "offensive inefficiency" elicited this from Boylen: "The ball didn't go in the hoop."
Asked why, he repeated the response.
Asked if he was happy with the schemes, Boylen responded, "Next question."
He added, "Don't come here once every two years and ask those questions. I don't want to hear that from you."
"I can ask the questions," said Monson.
"Good," said Boylen. "I'm not answering it. Don't come here once every two years. I don't want to hear that from you."
Monson replied, "Coach, give me a break — show some class."
Said Boylen, "Yeah, nice of you to show up."
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby player...
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes are...
- Syracuse sophomore chases Paralympic dreams,...
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders weigh in...
- High school baseball: Clutch fifth inning...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak hires...
- Doug Robinson: BYU football may be... 125
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 42
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 35
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 21
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 14
- NBA draft: Jazz should still find a... 11