Utah Utes basketball: Jim Boylen has heated exchange with media
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
To see video of the interview, please click www.ksl.com.
Utah basketball coach Jim Boylen didn't get over Wednesday's 20-point loss to BYU quickly.
Boylen had a brief, heated exchange with a couple of media members during the post-game interview session.
One reporter asked Boylen how it felt when his team missed the first 12 shots of the second half.
"Like (expletive)," he said.
A later question by Salt Lake Tribune columnist Gordon Monson about the Utes' "offensive inefficiency" elicited this from Boylen: "The ball didn't go in the hoop."
Asked why, he repeated the response.
Asked if he was happy with the schemes, Boylen responded, "Next question."
He added, "Don't come here once every two years and ask those questions. I don't want to hear that from you."
"I can ask the questions," said Monson.
"Good," said Boylen. "I'm not answering it. Don't come here once every two years. I don't want to hear that from you."
Monson replied, "Coach, give me a break — show some class."
Said Boylen, "Yeah, nice of you to show up."
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- Booker, other locals could get NFL draft...
- Decades later, Thurl Bailey and N.C. State...
- BYU men's volleyball: Underwood and others...
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for Utah
- The BYU international basketball tracker: How...
- Morning links: Which local prospects could...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 90
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi an intriguing NFL... 26
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 20
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 18
- Morning links: NFL Draft prospect news... 18
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- BYU football announces full spring... 12