CONCEPCION, Chile — The LDS Church is delivering several large shipments of food throughout the quake-affected areas of Chile.
The food supplies were drawn from local Bishop's Storehouses operated in Chile by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Six tons of food were delivered Tuesday to the city of Talca to help meet needs in several cities north of Concepcion. A second shipment of 20 tons of food was to reach Concepcion later Tuesday.
Also, two additional shipments of food have been sent to affected areas south of Concepcion.
— Scott Taylor
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Man dies in paragliding crash on Utah Lake
- Jury convicts San Juan County commissioner...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 124
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19