SALT LAKE CITY — West High chess students walked away in victory for the fifth year in a row.
The team took first place in the 2010 Utah State High School Chess Championship and swept the top three spots of the speed chess championship competition. West High student Tony Chen was crowned the individual State Champion and will be Utah's representative to the United State Chess Federation Denker tournament. Three other West High students tied with students from other schools for second place.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26