LOS ANGELES — Marie Osmond's 18-year-old son committed suicide Friday night, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Michael Blosil reportedly died after jumping from a downtown Los Angeles apartment. ETonline reported that Blosil left a note behind referring to his lifelong battle with depression and feeling like he had no friends and would never fit in.
"My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time," Osmond said through her publicist Saturday.
Michael entered rehab as a 16-year-old in November 2007. What he was being treated for was not disclosed.
Osmond and Brian Blosil, Michael's father, announced they were getting a divorce after 21 years of marriage in March 2007. Michael is one of eight children raised by the couple.
Osmond told People magazine in March 2009 that Michael seemed to be turning his life around. He was living with his mother in Las Vegas while he finished his senior year of high school and Marie starred in the "Donny & Marie" show at the Flamingo Hotel.
"Please pray for my sister and her family," said Donny Osmond, Marie's brother and the boy's uncle.
Saturday's "Donny & Marie" show in Las Vegas was canceled.
This story was reported from Salt Lake City.
— Abigail Shaha
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Utah’s water future: Develop or... 14
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10