LOS ANGELES — Marie Osmond's 18-year-old son committed suicide Friday night, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Michael Blosil reportedly died after jumping from a downtown Los Angeles apartment. ETonline reported that Blosil left a note behind referring to his lifelong battle with depression and feeling like he had no friends and would never fit in.
"My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time," Osmond said through her publicist Saturday.
Michael entered rehab as a 16-year-old in November 2007. What he was being treated for was not disclosed.
Osmond and Brian Blosil, Michael's father, announced they were getting a divorce after 21 years of marriage in March 2007. Michael is one of eight children raised by the couple.
Osmond told People magazine in March 2009 that Michael seemed to be turning his life around. He was living with his mother in Las Vegas while he finished his senior year of high school and Marie starred in the "Donny & Marie" show at the Flamingo Hotel.
"Please pray for my sister and her family," said Donny Osmond, Marie's brother and the boy's uncle.
Saturday's "Donny & Marie" show in Las Vegas was canceled.
This story was reported from Salt Lake City.
— Abigail Shaha
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Man gets jail time for attempted recruitment...
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14