SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Transit Authority's Board of Trustees on Wednesday approved a list of names for stations along FrontRunner South and the Mid-Jordan TRAX Line.
FrontRunner South is a commuter line that will connect Provo and Salt Lake City. UTA will open the line in 2012 or 2013. Approved names are:
Murray Central Station, 127 W. Vine St.
South Jordan, 10351 S. Jordan Gateway
Draper (future station, street coordinates and name to be announced)
Lehi, 3101 N. Ashton Blvd.
American Fork, 782 W. 200 South
Vineyard (future station, street coordinates and name to be announced)
Orem Central Station (street coordinates pending)
Provo Central Station (street coordinates pending)
The Mid-Jordan Line, a TRAX route that runs east-west in Salt Lake County, will open some time in 2011. The following are the station names:
Fashion Place West, 222 W. 6400 South (existing station; UTA just added street coordinates)
Bingham Junction, 7300 S. 900 West
Historic Gardner, 1100 W. 7800 South
West Jordan City Center, 8000 S. Redwood Road
2700 W. Sugar Factory Road
Jordan Valley, 8600 S. 3200 West
4800 W. Old Bingham Highway
5600 W. Old Bingham Highway
South Jordan Parkway, 10605 S. Grandville Ave.
Daybreak Parkway, 11405 S. Grandville Ave.
— Laura Hancock
- 3 men missing nearly 5 months were likely...
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after...
- Gail Miller honored as 'Giant In Our City'
- Stolen truck full of $1 million in shoes...
- Wrong way driver killed, 1 critically injured...
- Top 5 other playgrounds you haven't yet...
- Tea party movement still strong, Harvard...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 39
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 26
- Dramatic increase in Alzheimer's... 24
- Tea party movement still strong,... 21
- Sen. Mike Lee not ready to endorse Ted... 18
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- Co-founder of Ancestry.com charged with... 14