SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Transit Authority's Board of Trustees on Wednesday approved a list of names for stations along FrontRunner South and the Mid-Jordan TRAX Line.
FrontRunner South is a commuter line that will connect Provo and Salt Lake City. UTA will open the line in 2012 or 2013. Approved names are:
Murray Central Station, 127 W. Vine St.
South Jordan, 10351 S. Jordan Gateway
Draper (future station, street coordinates and name to be announced)
Lehi, 3101 N. Ashton Blvd.
American Fork, 782 W. 200 South
Vineyard (future station, street coordinates and name to be announced)
Orem Central Station (street coordinates pending)
Provo Central Station (street coordinates pending)
The Mid-Jordan Line, a TRAX route that runs east-west in Salt Lake County, will open some time in 2011. The following are the station names:
Fashion Place West, 222 W. 6400 South (existing station; UTA just added street coordinates)
Bingham Junction, 7300 S. 900 West
Historic Gardner, 1100 W. 7800 South
West Jordan City Center, 8000 S. Redwood Road
2700 W. Sugar Factory Road
Jordan Valley, 8600 S. 3200 West
4800 W. Old Bingham Highway
5600 W. Old Bingham Highway
South Jordan Parkway, 10605 S. Grandville Ave.
Daybreak Parkway, 11405 S. Grandville Ave.
— Laura Hancock
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Draper house explodes into flames,...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Deseret News Classic: Marathon, half...
- Levan wildfire burns 'well over 1,000' acres...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 13