SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake woman stabbed a man Friday after he tried to steal a clock from her apartment, police said.
The woman called police about 3:20 a.m. and said she had just stabbed someone, Salt Lake Police Sgt. Robin Snyder said.
When officers arrived, the woman told them a man visiting her apartment began punching her when she tried to stop him from taking a wall clock. The woman said she responded to the assault by stabbing the man.
The man was not at the apartment when officers arrived, but he was located nearby and had a small puncture wound.
Harold Duncan, 42, was treated for the wound and then booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of robbery and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Snyder said the woman was not arrested because it appears she stabbed the man in self-defense. The case will be referred to the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office for review, she said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- Vegas’ water drying up
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 58
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 44
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 26
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17
- U. student government passes resolution... 17