SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake woman stabbed a man Friday after he tried to steal a clock from her apartment, police said.
The woman called police about 3:20 a.m. and said she had just stabbed someone, Salt Lake Police Sgt. Robin Snyder said.
When officers arrived, the woman told them a man visiting her apartment began punching her when she tried to stop him from taking a wall clock. The woman said she responded to the assault by stabbing the man.
The man was not at the apartment when officers arrived, but he was located nearby and had a small puncture wound.
Harold Duncan, 42, was treated for the wound and then booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of robbery and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Snyder said the woman was not arrested because it appears she stabbed the man in self-defense. The case will be referred to the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office for review, she said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Motorcyclist dies after collision near Utah Lake
- Job A Day program gives homeless people...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 27
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15