SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake woman stabbed a man Friday after he tried to steal a clock from her apartment, police said.
The woman called police about 3:20 a.m. and said she had just stabbed someone, Salt Lake Police Sgt. Robin Snyder said.
When officers arrived, the woman told them a man visiting her apartment began punching her when she tried to stop him from taking a wall clock. The woman said she responded to the assault by stabbing the man.
The man was not at the apartment when officers arrived, but he was located nearby and had a small puncture wound.
Harold Duncan, 42, was treated for the wound and then booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of robbery and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Snyder said the woman was not arrested because it appears she stabbed the man in self-defense. The case will be referred to the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office for review, she said.
— Geoff Liesik
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8