SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake woman stabbed a man Friday after he tried to steal a clock from her apartment, police said.
The woman called police about 3:20 a.m. and said she had just stabbed someone, Salt Lake Police Sgt. Robin Snyder said.
When officers arrived, the woman told them a man visiting her apartment began punching her when she tried to stop him from taking a wall clock. The woman said she responded to the assault by stabbing the man.
The man was not at the apartment when officers arrived, but he was located nearby and had a small puncture wound.
Harold Duncan, 42, was treated for the wound and then booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of robbery and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Snyder said the woman was not arrested because it appears she stabbed the man in self-defense. The case will be referred to the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office for review, she said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17