SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake woman stabbed a man Friday after he tried to steal a clock from her apartment, police said.
The woman called police about 3:20 a.m. and said she had just stabbed someone, Salt Lake Police Sgt. Robin Snyder said.
When officers arrived, the woman told them a man visiting her apartment began punching her when she tried to stop him from taking a wall clock. The woman said she responded to the assault by stabbing the man.
The man was not at the apartment when officers arrived, but he was located nearby and had a small puncture wound.
Harold Duncan, 42, was treated for the wound and then booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of robbery and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Snyder said the woman was not arrested because it appears she stabbed the man in self-defense. The case will be referred to the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office for review, she said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 23