Daniel Nielson, a 6-foot-5, 270-pound offensive tackle from Hurricane High School, has given the University of Utah football program an early recruiting commitment.
"It felt like it was the right choice," said Nielson, who added that playing for Utah is a dream come true.
The junior is slated to graduate in 2011 and join the Utes that summer. He plans to play one season before serving an LDS Church mission.
Nielson, who is also an accomplished wrestling and the 3A state champion at 285 pounds, was being recruited by the likes of Princeton and Stanford. He said that football, however, is his passion and has opted to pursue that sport at the next level.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27