Daniel Nielson, a 6-foot-5, 270-pound offensive tackle from Hurricane High School, has given the University of Utah football program an early recruiting commitment.
"It felt like it was the right choice," said Nielson, who added that playing for Utah is a dream come true.
The junior is slated to graduate in 2011 and join the Utes that summer. He plans to play one season before serving an LDS Church mission.
Nielson, who is also an accomplished wrestling and the 3A state champion at 285 pounds, was being recruited by the likes of Princeton and Stanford. He said that football, however, is his passion and has opted to pursue that sport at the next level.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 114
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 30
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 20