Daniel Nielson, a 6-foot-5, 270-pound offensive tackle from Hurricane High School, has given the University of Utah football program an early recruiting commitment.
"It felt like it was the right choice," said Nielson, who added that playing for Utah is a dream come true.
The junior is slated to graduate in 2011 and join the Utes that summer. He plans to play one season before serving an LDS Church mission.
Nielson, who is also an accomplished wrestling and the 3A state champion at 285 pounds, was being recruited by the likes of Princeton and Stanford. He said that football, however, is his passion and has opted to pursue that sport at the next level.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33