Daniel Nielson, a 6-foot-5, 270-pound offensive tackle from Hurricane High School, has given the University of Utah football program an early recruiting commitment.
"It felt like it was the right choice," said Nielson, who added that playing for Utah is a dream come true.
The junior is slated to graduate in 2011 and join the Utes that summer. He plans to play one season before serving an LDS Church mission.
Nielson, who is also an accomplished wrestling and the 3A state champion at 285 pounds, was being recruited by the likes of Princeton and Stanford. He said that football, however, is his passion and has opted to pursue that sport at the next level.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes determined to...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 289
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 79
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 53
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 40
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37