LOS ANGELES (AP) — Kobe Bryant isn't sure if he'll play in this weekend's NBA All-Star game in Dallas because of his sore left ankle.
Bryant missed his second consecutive game Monday night against San Antonio, which lost to the Los Angeles Lakers 101-89.
"If I'm not able to play, I won't play. But I'm healthy, I will," he said.
Bryant said he can't push off on his left foot.
"I can't move to play. Can't go," he said, adding he would be a game-time decision Wednesday at Utah. "If I'm ready to go, I'll play."
Lakers trainer Gary Vitti would like Bryant to rest through All-Star weekend, capped by Sunday's game. Bryant said he couldn't commit either way.
"I don't know what it's going to look like on Sunday. I'm not clairvoyant," he said, laughing.
Bryant stayed in the lockerroom to get treatment Monday night.
"It's frustrating. I'm not used to this. I don't know what the hell players are supposed to do back here," he said. "I don't know what's going on half the time."
Bryant's streak of 235 consecutive games played ended Saturday when he sat out the Lakers' first win at Portland since 2005. He said his reputation for being a warrior who refuses to shut it down is overblown.
"I'm not an idiot. I'm not going to run through a wall just to run through a wall," he said. "If it's an injury where I feel like I can play through it and have it heal while I'm playing, then I'll play. But if it's the type of injury where it's going to get worse when I play, then I won't."
Asked what percentage he needed to be at to play again, Bryant said, "If I can move, I'm good. If I can move and get to the basket, I'm good."
Bryant originally sprained his ankle on Jan. 29 in Philadelphia. He aggravated it last week against Charlotte when teammate Lamar Odom stepped on his foot.
Already this season, he's been playing through a fracture of his right index finger.
Andrew Bynum missed Monday night's game because of a bruised right hip.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 123
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 76
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 55
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33