LOS ANGELES — Pau Gasol had 21 points and 19 rebounds to lead five players in double figures, and the Los Angeles Lakers beat the San Antonio Spurs 101-89 Monday night without injured Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum.
In their absences, the Lakers used a collective effort to win in their final home game before this weekend's All-Star break. Ron Artest added 18 points, Lamar Odom 16 points and 10 rebounds, and Jordan Farmar and Derek Fisher had 13 each.
MAGIC 123, HORNETS 117: At Orlando, Fla., Vince Carter had a season-high 48 points, leading the Orlando Magic back from a 17-point second-half deficit.
MAVERICKS 127, WARRIORS 117: At Oakland, Calif., Jason Terry scored a season-high 36 points, including the go-ahead 3-pointer, and Dallas rallied from a 14-point deficit. Anthony Morrow scored a season-high 33 points and had 11 rebounds to lead the Warriors, who lost their season-worst ninth straight.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 83
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24