Utah Jazz: Boozer, Brewer both miss practice due to injuries
SALT LAKE CITY — Carlos Boozer and Ronnie Brewer both missed Utah Jazz practice this morning because of injuries.
Brewer has a bruised back — an injury that happened in Monday night's 104-92 win over the Dallas Mavericks. The Jazz's starting shooting guard will be a game-time decision for Wednesday night's home game against the Portland Trail Blazers.
Boozer, meanwhile, continues to nurse his strained right calf, which has kept him out of the last two Jazz victories in the team's six-game winning streak.
The Jazz power forward will not play against the Blazers but planned to continue increasing his activity while continuing to receive treatment.
"It's feeling great. I'm just going to try to do a little bit more today," Boozer said. "I'm shooting for Saturday to come back. I think (Wednesday) it won't be ready, but Saturday I'm hoping it will be."
Boozer, by the way, has been impressed by his temporary fill-in, Paul Millsap. His understudy had 25 points, nine rebounds and four blocks against Dirk Nowitzki and Dallas on Monday — a strong outing that was preceded by last Friday's 32-point, 14-rebound performance against Sacramento.
"He's played great. I think he's played great every time he's had a chance to play extended minutes," Boozer said of Millsap. "He's been playing great all season. I think he stepped into a situation where he got more opportunities, and he makes the most of them."
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49