Utah Jazz: Boozer, Brewer both miss practice due to injuries
SALT LAKE CITY — Carlos Boozer and Ronnie Brewer both missed Utah Jazz practice this morning because of injuries.
Brewer has a bruised back — an injury that happened in Monday night's 104-92 win over the Dallas Mavericks. The Jazz's starting shooting guard will be a game-time decision for Wednesday night's home game against the Portland Trail Blazers.
Boozer, meanwhile, continues to nurse his strained right calf, which has kept him out of the last two Jazz victories in the team's six-game winning streak.
The Jazz power forward will not play against the Blazers but planned to continue increasing his activity while continuing to receive treatment.
"It's feeling great. I'm just going to try to do a little bit more today," Boozer said. "I'm shooting for Saturday to come back. I think (Wednesday) it won't be ready, but Saturday I'm hoping it will be."
Boozer, by the way, has been impressed by his temporary fill-in, Paul Millsap. His understudy had 25 points, nine rebounds and four blocks against Dirk Nowitzki and Dallas on Monday — a strong outing that was preceded by last Friday's 32-point, 14-rebound performance against Sacramento.
"He's played great. I think he's played great every time he's had a chance to play extended minutes," Boozer said of Millsap. "He's been playing great all season. I think he stepped into a situation where he got more opportunities, and he makes the most of them."
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 13