Our loving wife, mother, grandmother, sister and friend returned to the arms of her Savior on May 4, 1999 after a patient and courageous wait for a liver transplant.
She was born to Leonard P. Munsee and Wanda LaVon Hancock on November 6, 1935 in Duchesne, Utah. She married James Edward Smith on June 2, 1951. They resided in Southern California until 1988 when they settled in Bountiful, Utah to be close to their grandchildren. Through the years, Elaine served as a Primary teacher, Pimary president, teacher and counselor in the Relief Society and as a stake missionary, her most beloved calling. She owned and operated a boutique in Morgan, Utah where many people grew to love her because of the many wonderful acts of kindness she performed for others. Nothing meant more to Elaine than her family and her testimony of Christ. She was considered mother or "grandma" to many relatives and friends.Her courage and patience throughout her illness is only matched by her great desire for people to become organ and tissue donors. As her last act of love, she was able to donate her corneas.
She was preceded in death by her parents, brother and grandson, Dylan. She is survived by her husband; daughter, Sandie (Gary) Phillips of Morgan; a son, James Edward Smith II of Sandy; ten grandchildren; Adam, Chad, Andrew, Chase, Whitni, Skyler, Christian, Jennifer and Sarah; also three sisters Geri Bell, Venice (John) Benvenuto, Debbie (Dane) Rittmiller; three brothers; Gary (Marion) Munsee, Phillip (Pat) Munsee, Terry Wayne Munsee.
Funeral services will be held, Saturday, May 8, 1999, at 1 p.m. at Russon Brothers Bountiful Mortuary Chapel, 295 North Main where friends may call Friday evening from 6-8 p.m. and Saturday from 11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m prior to the services. Interment in the South Morgan Cemetery
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13