BASKETBALL: The Thunderbirds wrapped up its 2008 signing class this week when New Mexico Military Institute forward Byron Byrd committed to play for the Thunderbirds.
Byrd, a 6-foot-5, 220-pound forward from Newark, N.J., averaged 17.5 points and 8.7 rebounds for the Colts.He also averaged over a steal and just under one assist per game this past season when he hit 47.3 percent of his shots, 31.6 percent of his 3-point attempts and 68.5 percent of his free throws.
VOLLEYBALL: Head coach Debby Baker announced the addition of Cashaana Renfro to the 2008-09 signing class. Renfro is a three-year varsity letter winner in volleyball and two-year letter winner in track and field for the Wolfpack of West Valley High School in Fairbanks, Alaska.
Renfro is joined by Megan Metcalf (Salt Lake Community College), Tess Lawrence (Layton Christian Academy) and Ana Pelaez (Fremont HS) as the initial signing class for the women's volleyball program that was recently added after a 20-plus year absence from SUU. The team will officially begin competition in the fall of 2009.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49