BASKETBALL: The Thunderbirds wrapped up its 2008 signing class this week when New Mexico Military Institute forward Byron Byrd committed to play for the Thunderbirds.
Byrd, a 6-foot-5, 220-pound forward from Newark, N.J., averaged 17.5 points and 8.7 rebounds for the Colts.He also averaged over a steal and just under one assist per game this past season when he hit 47.3 percent of his shots, 31.6 percent of his 3-point attempts and 68.5 percent of his free throws.
VOLLEYBALL: Head coach Debby Baker announced the addition of Cashaana Renfro to the 2008-09 signing class. Renfro is a three-year varsity letter winner in volleyball and two-year letter winner in track and field for the Wolfpack of West Valley High School in Fairbanks, Alaska.
Renfro is joined by Megan Metcalf (Salt Lake Community College), Tess Lawrence (Layton Christian Academy) and Ana Pelaez (Fremont HS) as the initial signing class for the women's volleyball program that was recently added after a 20-plus year absence from SUU. The team will officially begin competition in the fall of 2009.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22