Ronnie Brewer took part in this morning's shootaround at EnergySolutions Arena, and the Jazz's starting shooting guard is hopeful he'll be able to play in tonight's ESPN-televised Game 6 of Utah's first-round NBA playoff series against the Houston Rockets.
Brewer injured his right hamstring reaching for a ball that was headed out-of-bounds in the Jazz's Game 5 loss last Tuesday night at Houston, and he sat out practice on Thursday.
"It's a little tight," he said.
"I've been putting on ice and getting treatment," Brewer added, "and hopefully it'll be ready by tonight."
Brewer, a second-year pro and first-year full-time starter, has been the Jazz's primary early game defender on Rockets All-Star Tracy McGrady.
As they look to close out the best-of-seven series, meanwhile, the up 3-2 Jazz plan no major changes tonight despite having lost Game 6 by 26 points, 95-69.
"Everything's kind of out there," veteran forward Matt Harpring said.
"Ain't no secrets left," All-Star power forward Carlos Boozer added after this morning's shootaround. "No mysteries."
Even McGrady, who scored 29 points in Game 6, concurs on that count.
"Once you get to about five, six games," Houston's leading scorer said, "it's all about execution."
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 283
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 76
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 47
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 36