Ronnie Brewer took part in this morning's shootaround at EnergySolutions Arena, and the Jazz's starting shooting guard is hopeful he'll be able to play in tonight's ESPN-televised Game 6 of Utah's first-round NBA playoff series against the Houston Rockets.
Brewer injured his right hamstring reaching for a ball that was headed out-of-bounds in the Jazz's Game 5 loss last Tuesday night at Houston, and he sat out practice on Thursday.
"It's a little tight," he said.
"I've been putting on ice and getting treatment," Brewer added, "and hopefully it'll be ready by tonight."
Brewer, a second-year pro and first-year full-time starter, has been the Jazz's primary early game defender on Rockets All-Star Tracy McGrady.
As they look to close out the best-of-seven series, meanwhile, the up 3-2 Jazz plan no major changes tonight despite having lost Game 6 by 26 points, 95-69.
"Everything's kind of out there," veteran forward Matt Harpring said.
"Ain't no secrets left," All-Star power forward Carlos Boozer added after this morning's shootaround. "No mysteries."
Even McGrady, who scored 29 points in Game 6, concurs on that count.
"Once you get to about five, six games," Houston's leading scorer said, "it's all about execution."
- What you may have missed: Mangum’s...
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- Dick Harmon: Former BYU quarterbacks rise to...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan against...
- Utah notebook: Britain Covey will not play on...
- Brad Rock: Enes Kanter doesn't deserve the abuse
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive meltdown...
- High school basketball: Lone Peak, Murray,...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 126
- Utah's Devontae Booker reportedly... 72
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 45
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 40
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 37
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 36
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35