Ronnie Brewer took part in this morning's shootaround at EnergySolutions Arena, and the Jazz's starting shooting guard is hopeful he'll be able to play in tonight's ESPN-televised Game 6 of Utah's first-round NBA playoff series against the Houston Rockets.
Brewer injured his right hamstring reaching for a ball that was headed out-of-bounds in the Jazz's Game 5 loss last Tuesday night at Houston, and he sat out practice on Thursday.
"It's a little tight," he said.
"I've been putting on ice and getting treatment," Brewer added, "and hopefully it'll be ready by tonight."
Brewer, a second-year pro and first-year full-time starter, has been the Jazz's primary early game defender on Rockets All-Star Tracy McGrady.
As they look to close out the best-of-seven series, meanwhile, the up 3-2 Jazz plan no major changes tonight despite having lost Game 6 by 26 points, 95-69.
"Everything's kind of out there," veteran forward Matt Harpring said.
"Ain't no secrets left," All-Star power forward Carlos Boozer added after this morning's shootaround. "No mysteries."
Even McGrady, who scored 29 points in Game 6, concurs on that count.
"Once you get to about five, six games," Houston's leading scorer said, "it's all about execution."
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Detroit Lions pick up fifth-year option on...
- Mike Sorensen: These awful NBA free-throw...
- Kim Cowart: My mom makes me a better runner
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 95
- Going the distance: BYU, Big 12 aren't... 78
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion probable... 65
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 36
- Utah baseball team surprisingly leads... 31
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 29
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 29
- Morning links: Taysom Hill a Top 25... 22