Ronnie Brewer took part in this morning's shootaround at EnergySolutions Arena, and the Jazz's starting shooting guard is hopeful he'll be able to play in tonight's ESPN-televised Game 6 of Utah's first-round NBA playoff series against the Houston Rockets.
Brewer injured his right hamstring reaching for a ball that was headed out-of-bounds in the Jazz's Game 5 loss last Tuesday night at Houston, and he sat out practice on Thursday.
"It's a little tight," he said.
"I've been putting on ice and getting treatment," Brewer added, "and hopefully it'll be ready by tonight."
Brewer, a second-year pro and first-year full-time starter, has been the Jazz's primary early game defender on Rockets All-Star Tracy McGrady.
As they look to close out the best-of-seven series, meanwhile, the up 3-2 Jazz plan no major changes tonight despite having lost Game 6 by 26 points, 95-69.
"Everything's kind of out there," veteran forward Matt Harpring said.
"Ain't no secrets left," All-Star power forward Carlos Boozer added after this morning's shootaround. "No mysteries."
Even McGrady, who scored 29 points in Game 6, concurs on that count.
"Once you get to about five, six games," Houston's leading scorer said, "it's all about execution."
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28