COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. One phone number used to report alleged abuse at a polygamist retreat in Texas had been used previously by a Colorado woman, according to an arrest warrant affidavit made public Wednesday.
The affidavit said a call was placed from that phone number to a crisis center in Texas before authorities there raided a Fundamentalist LDS Church ranch and removed more than 400 children.
The affidavit said 33-year-old Rozita Swinton of Colorado Springs had used the same number previously, but it was not clear whether authorities suspect Swinton made any of the calls that triggered the raid.
Her whereabouts were unknown and she did not immediately return a phone message. It wasn't known whether she had an attorney.
Swinton was arrested on April 16 on a misdemeanor charge of false reporting in a February incident in Colorado Springs with no known ties to the Texas case. The affidavit released Wednesday was filed in court in connection with the February incident.
Swinton has not been arrested or charged in connection with the calls made to the Texas crisis center, but authorities have called her a "person of interest" in that case. Two Texas Rangers were with Colorado officials when they searched Swinton's home.
Texas authorities said the search turned up several items suggesting a possible connection between Swinton and calls regarding compounds in Texas and Arizona owned by the FLDS Church. The items weren't identified.
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 25
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 16
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule;... 12