COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. One phone number used to report alleged abuse at a polygamist retreat in Texas had been used previously by a Colorado woman, according to an arrest warrant affidavit made public Wednesday.
The affidavit said a call was placed from that phone number to a crisis center in Texas before authorities there raided a Fundamentalist LDS Church ranch and removed more than 400 children.
The affidavit said 33-year-old Rozita Swinton of Colorado Springs had used the same number previously, but it was not clear whether authorities suspect Swinton made any of the calls that triggered the raid.
Her whereabouts were unknown and she did not immediately return a phone message. It wasn't known whether she had an attorney.
Swinton was arrested on April 16 on a misdemeanor charge of false reporting in a February incident in Colorado Springs with no known ties to the Texas case. The affidavit released Wednesday was filed in court in connection with the February incident.
Swinton has not been arrested or charged in connection with the calls made to the Texas crisis center, but authorities have called her a "person of interest" in that case. Two Texas Rangers were with Colorado officials when they searched Swinton's home.
Texas authorities said the search turned up several items suggesting a possible connection between Swinton and calls regarding compounds in Texas and Arizona owned by the FLDS Church. The items weren't identified.
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- 35 arrested in Oakland after protest march
- Rubber chickens, afros and clowns: A look at...
- Evangelicals with gay children challenging...
- These two things are helping California's...
- In Britain, US turkey dinner is big for business
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Ferguson businesses torched in... 17
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Obama heads to Chicago to pitch... 13
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 12