A judge signed an order for removal of all of the children from the YFZ Ranch and last week ruled that all of the children should remain in state protective custody.
Foster care coming
Once the DNA samples are gathered, child welfare workers will move forward with placing the children in foster care.
"We've got some of the placements lined up, but we're still waiting for some guidance from the court," said Greg Cunningham with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Child protective services said the children will be kept in groups, including teenage mothers with their children and siblings grouped together. The children will likely not be going to a typical foster home, Cunningham said.
"It's a home-type setting. A majority of them would go to a residential facility," he said Monday. "There are several different options out there."
Because of security reasons, authorities refused to discuss how the children would be transitioned from the San Angelo Coliseum to foster care. He also said contingency plans are in place for children who may attempt to run away from a foster home but declined to reveal more because of security risks.Outside the coliseum on Monday, the police presence was heavy. Texas state troopers, Tom Green County sheriff's deputies, San Angelo police and unmarked patrol cars have all been seen circling the large parking lot surrounding the building questioning people who stepped onto the parking lot.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13