A judge signed an order for removal of all of the children from the YFZ Ranch and last week ruled that all of the children should remain in state protective custody.
Foster care coming
Once the DNA samples are gathered, child welfare workers will move forward with placing the children in foster care.
"We've got some of the placements lined up, but we're still waiting for some guidance from the court," said Greg Cunningham with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Child protective services said the children will be kept in groups, including teenage mothers with their children and siblings grouped together. The children will likely not be going to a typical foster home, Cunningham said.
"It's a home-type setting. A majority of them would go to a residential facility," he said Monday. "There are several different options out there."
Because of security reasons, authorities refused to discuss how the children would be transitioned from the San Angelo Coliseum to foster care. He also said contingency plans are in place for children who may attempt to run away from a foster home but declined to reveal more because of security risks.Outside the coliseum on Monday, the police presence was heavy. Texas state troopers, Tom Green County sheriff's deputies, San Angelo police and unmarked patrol cars have all been seen circling the large parking lot surrounding the building questioning people who stepped onto the parking lot.
- 'Bachelorette' contestant, BYU graduate dies...
- Transcript gives glimpse into deadly...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Mark Shurtleff says new report based on 'tall...
- Gangs still prevalent in Utah with members as...
- 3 children start fire at Spanish Fork...
- Powell family fires back at recent court...
- Mayor wants Hale Center Theatre in South Jordan
- U. student government passes resolution... 108
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 21
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 20