A judge signed an order for removal of all of the children from the YFZ Ranch and last week ruled that all of the children should remain in state protective custody.
Foster care coming
Once the DNA samples are gathered, child welfare workers will move forward with placing the children in foster care.
"We've got some of the placements lined up, but we're still waiting for some guidance from the court," said Greg Cunningham with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Child protective services said the children will be kept in groups, including teenage mothers with their children and siblings grouped together. The children will likely not be going to a typical foster home, Cunningham said.
"It's a home-type setting. A majority of them would go to a residential facility," he said Monday. "There are several different options out there."
Because of security reasons, authorities refused to discuss how the children would be transitioned from the San Angelo Coliseum to foster care. He also said contingency plans are in place for children who may attempt to run away from a foster home but declined to reveal more because of security risks.Outside the coliseum on Monday, the police presence was heavy. Texas state troopers, Tom Green County sheriff's deputies, San Angelo police and unmarked patrol cars have all been seen circling the large parking lot surrounding the building questioning people who stepped onto the parking lot.
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Honeyville man, 39, identified as avalanche...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- National, local businesses file briefs... 54
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 26
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 23
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 19