"I didn't do it on purpose," said Okur, who as of midday Thursday had not been called by the league. "He had a good position on the rebound, and I was out of balance. He was in front of me. Accidentally I hit his face." Okur added, "I was going to hit the ball, but I was kind of out of balance, so I didn't see the ball. I accidentally hit his face. I don't even see him, his face right down there. I was going to hit the ball and make my teammates get the ball. I didn't do anything on purpose."
PRICE TAG: Price logged a total of nine playoff minutes over four games as a rookie with the Sacramento Kings two years ago. But he has a high opinion of this Jazz team in the 2008 playoffs.
"I think we're more of a championship-caliber team than any other team in the West," Price said, "because we just have a full roster, everyone's healthy, and I think the Rockets not having Yao Ming is a big situation for them that they have to deal with. Yao is a go-to guy that they go to down toward the end of the game. Without Yao, their post presence is not as strong."
Price, who played collegiately at Utah Valley, has enjoyed his first season with Utah. "This whole season has been new to me because I went from one style of a team (Sacramento) to another style, and I'll tell you what, I'll pick this style any day of the week."I love playing for this team, I love playing for this coaching staff and this organization. This road through this regular season has been fun, and I wouldn't change it for anything," said Price. "I'm just looking forward to the playoffs now and seeing the playoff atmosphere and the way guys handle themselves in the playoffs."
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Live streams: 1A volleyball tournament...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Utah Jazz get blown out by Dallas 120-102
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 59
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 34
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32