Authorities in Texas have confirmed they executed a federal search warrant on the Fundamentalist LDS Church's YFZ Ranch.
In a statement issued by the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Texas, the FBI's Dallas office said the federal search warrant was executed at the Eldorado compound on Tuesday.
"The application and affidavit in support of the search warrant are sealed and will remain sealed; no further comment will be made as this is a pending investigation," U.S. Attorney Richard Roper said in a statement released this afternoon.
Today, law enforcement wrapped up their search of the YFZ Ranch and returned the property to the FLDS faithful. Authorities have refused to say what evidence was seized, or any more about any federal investigation.Law enforcement were seen going from building to building on the compound, cataloging evidence. The Eldorado Success reported on Wednesday that during the search of the FLDS Church's temple, authorities called for jack hammers to reportedly be used on the annex building.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14