The 178th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will convene this weekend, Saturday and Sunday.
The Saturday general sessions will be at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. The general priesthood meeting is 6 p.m. Saturday. Sunday sessions will be at 9:30 a.m. (which includes the Spoken Word) and 2 p.m.
Tickets are required for admission to all sessions in the Conference Center. Admission to the Conference Center is limited to those ages 8 and older for general sessions and 12 years and older for the priesthood session. No babies, please.
Wheelchair seating is available. Patrons who require such seating should inform Guest Services when they arrive at the event. Interpretation by an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter is available. Language translation headsets are available. Sunday dress is encouraged.For general conference sessions, the Conference Center doors will open 90 minutes before the session start time. The length of each session is 2 hours.
How to watch, listen
Go to www.bonneville.info and click on General Conference for a complete list of TV, radio or satellite reception options for all 50 states.
• On TV: All four general sessions will be broadcast live on KSL-Ch. 5 and on cable/satellite channel BYUTV.
KBYU-Ch. 11 will repeat the morning sessions at noon and the afternoon sessions at 4 p.m.
• On the radio: KSL Newsradio (AM-1160/FM-102.7) and KBYU (FM-89.1/89.5) will air all four general sessions live.
KSRR (Orem, AM-1400); KQMB (Orem, FM-96.7); KSUB (Cedar City, AM-590); KMTI/KMGR (Manti, AM-650/FM-95.9); KSVC (Richfield, AM-980); KDXU (St. George, AM-890); KVNU (Logan, AM-610) and KVEL (Vernal, AM-920) also will air conference general sessions live.
In addition, KSVN (Salt Lake, AM-730) will air the four conference sessions in Spanish.
• Via satellite: The church will be using the following satellite for the cable, TV, and radio analog C-band feed.
Galaxy 11. Transponder 04. Vertical polarity, downlink frequency 3780 MHZ. English 6.2 and 6.8; Spanish 5.8.
Galaxy 23. Transponder 11. Digital downlink 3924.5 MHz horizontal.
• On cable: All conference sessions will be available on Comcast On Demand immediately following each session.
• Additional programming: KSL-Ch. 5 will air several special programs between conference sessions. These include:
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir Comes Home (Saturday, noon, Ch. 5): The choir moves back into the refurbished Salt Lake Tabernacle. (Repeat)
World Report (Saturday, 1 p.m., Ch. 5): An update on events in the LDS Church from April 2007 to April 2008
In Tune: LDS Songwriters Live (Saturday, 4:30 p.m., Ch. 5): A new program featuring LDS recording artists Joshua Creek and Cherie Call.
Thomas S. Monson: A Man of Service (Sunday, noon, Ch. 5): A new biography of the president of the church.
The Saints of the Friendly Islands; (Sunday, 1 p.m., Ch. 5): New program about the rededication of the Tongan temple.
Footprints of Faith (Sunday, 4 p.m., Ch. 5): A new program that profiles LDS Church members, including Janice Kapp Perry, Roseanne Gunther and Porter Ellett.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 123
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9