MINNEAPOLIS Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko missed Sunday's game against the Minnesota Timberwolves because of an injured right calf. There is no timetable for his return, but he does not expect to be out long.
Kirilenko had muscle spasms in his calf during a win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday night. He missed the second half of that game and his absence Sunday further depleted the Jazz.
Center Mehmet Okur did not make the trip to Minnesota because of a stomach virus and Ronnie Brewer was cleared to play after missing the Clippers game with a similar virus.
Kirilenko, who averages 11.1 points, 4.8 rebounds and 4.1 assists, wore a boot on his right leg to protect his injury.
"It looks more serious than it's supposed to be," he said.
Chasing New Orleans and San Antonio in the Western Conference, the Jazz recalled two rookies from the D-League. Morris Almond and Kyrylo Fresenko rejoined the team from the Utah Flash after playing on Friday night in Boise, Idaho.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19