BOISE Kevin Kruger poured in a career-high 43 points, including the game-winning 3-pointer with eight seconds to play, to lead the Utah Flash to a 109-106 NBA Development League victory over the Idaho Stampede on Saturday.
Kruger's game-winner, his 10th 3-pointer of the game, also tied the D-League record for 3-pointers made in a game.
The rookie from UNLV shares the record with Kasib Powell, who made 10 for Sioux Falls on March 6 of this season and Billy Thomas, who made 10 in the final game of the 2001-02 season for the Greenville Groove.
"I guess every dog has his day," Kruger said. "Every time I had the ball in my hand I just felt like I could make the shot ... just one of those days when you feel great."
Kruger finished the evening making 15-of-20 from the field, 10-of-13 from beyond the 3-point line. He also had four rebounds and four assists in 40 minutes.
"What can you say about Kevin Kruger's night?" Flash coach Brad Jones said. "You have to love a guy who scores like that in a highly contested game and then caps the night with a game-winner.
"As a coach you love those guys that show up when it counts."
Brian Hamilton chipped in 15 points for the Flash and Gabe Pruitt had 13. Lamar Rice and Brian Jackson added 11 and 10, respectively, for Utah. James Lang collected 13 rebounds.
The Flash were without wing Morris Almond and center Kyrylo Fesenko, who were both recalled by the Utah Jazz on Saturday.
Fesenko has been assigned and recalled three times this season, so by league rules he will finish the year with the Jazz. Almond can be assigned to the Flash one more time. (See story on D6).
Randy Livingston led Idaho with 26 points and Mike Taylor chipped in 18. Roberto Bergersen and Luke Jackson had 15 apiece. Cory Violette had 12. Jason Ellis had 10 boards for the Stampede.
The win snapped a two-game losing streak and improved the Flash to 21-24 on the season.
Idaho dipped to 31-13, but is still the leader in the D-League West.
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU matchup...
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the NFL,...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Best of the West: Arizona back to top seed...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 107
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 40
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 38
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 35
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 33