BOISE Kevin Kruger poured in a career-high 43 points, including the game-winning 3-pointer with eight seconds to play, to lead the Utah Flash to a 109-106 NBA Development League victory over the Idaho Stampede on Saturday.
Kruger's game-winner, his 10th 3-pointer of the game, also tied the D-League record for 3-pointers made in a game.
The rookie from UNLV shares the record with Kasib Powell, who made 10 for Sioux Falls on March 6 of this season and Billy Thomas, who made 10 in the final game of the 2001-02 season for the Greenville Groove.
"I guess every dog has his day," Kruger said. "Every time I had the ball in my hand I just felt like I could make the shot ... just one of those days when you feel great."
Kruger finished the evening making 15-of-20 from the field, 10-of-13 from beyond the 3-point line. He also had four rebounds and four assists in 40 minutes.
"What can you say about Kevin Kruger's night?" Flash coach Brad Jones said. "You have to love a guy who scores like that in a highly contested game and then caps the night with a game-winner.
"As a coach you love those guys that show up when it counts."
Brian Hamilton chipped in 15 points for the Flash and Gabe Pruitt had 13. Lamar Rice and Brian Jackson added 11 and 10, respectively, for Utah. James Lang collected 13 rebounds.
The Flash were without wing Morris Almond and center Kyrylo Fesenko, who were both recalled by the Utah Jazz on Saturday.
Fesenko has been assigned and recalled three times this season, so by league rules he will finish the year with the Jazz. Almond can be assigned to the Flash one more time. (See story on D6).
Randy Livingston led Idaho with 26 points and Mike Taylor chipped in 18. Roberto Bergersen and Luke Jackson had 15 apiece. Cory Violette had 12. Jason Ellis had 10 boards for the Stampede.
The win snapped a two-game losing streak and improved the Flash to 21-24 on the season.
Idaho dipped to 31-13, but is still the leader in the D-League West.
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake Heaps'...
- Video: Brandon Davies busts a move in...
- German center Tibor Pleiss in town to talk...
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late father...
- Rose: BYU's Collinsworth focused on improving...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen Tuckett...
- Quiet free agency period ahead for the Utah...
- Tyler Haws to play with Cleveland Cavaliers...
- Peavler: Why we can't stop talking... 58
- Morning links: BYU the best option for... 52
- Dick Harmon: Mendenhall opens up about... 49
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 39
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 24
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 23
- NBA draft: Utah Jazz select Trey Lyles... 22
- NBA draft: Utes' Delon Wright selected... 17