Because Fesenko has been assigned to the Flash three times this season, he cannot be reassigned again and instead will finish out the season with the parent club.
"If this had been three months ago I don't know if we would have done it if it was the last callup," O'Connor said. "But with five (Flash) games left and the pennant race ... we're in, it's good for the Utah Jazz."
Almond who has averaged 25.0 points and 1.6 assists in 31 D-League games remains eligible for another assignment to the Flash.
But it remains to be seen what his short-term future holds.
"Uhhh, there's a small crack in the door," the Rice University product said of the opportunity, "but you just kind of take it day by day."
"Right now," Sloan added, "we're just worried about trying to win the next game."
The 48-25 Jazz are just two games out of first place in the NBA's Western Conference yet still aren't assured of a playoff berth in a conference with nine contenders and eight spots available.
They did consider signing someone from outside the organization, O'Connor suggested, but decided otherwise in part because of how little time remains in the season.
"'Go with what we've got.' That's always been the philosophy of coach (Sloan)," O'Connor said. "He'd rather have somebody that knows what we're doing."Especially with work still to be done.
Contributing: Linda Hamilton
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27