Because Fesenko has been assigned to the Flash three times this season, he cannot be reassigned again and instead will finish out the season with the parent club.
"If this had been three months ago I don't know if we would have done it if it was the last callup," O'Connor said. "But with five (Flash) games left and the pennant race ... we're in, it's good for the Utah Jazz."
Almond who has averaged 25.0 points and 1.6 assists in 31 D-League games remains eligible for another assignment to the Flash.
But it remains to be seen what his short-term future holds.
"Uhhh, there's a small crack in the door," the Rice University product said of the opportunity, "but you just kind of take it day by day."
"Right now," Sloan added, "we're just worried about trying to win the next game."
The 48-25 Jazz are just two games out of first place in the NBA's Western Conference yet still aren't assured of a playoff berth in a conference with nine contenders and eight spots available.
They did consider signing someone from outside the organization, O'Connor suggested, but decided otherwise in part because of how little time remains in the season.
"'Go with what we've got.' That's always been the philosophy of coach (Sloan)," O'Connor said. "He'd rather have somebody that knows what we're doing."Especially with work still to be done.
Contributing: Linda Hamilton
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- Tournament central: 5A boys quarterfinals...
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks off...
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit smiles...
- Catching up: Old friends Andre Miller, Alex...
- High school boys basketball: Davis survives...
- Tournament central: 4A boys basketball live...
- CougarLinks: Daniel Sorensen deemed a winner...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 54
- UteLinks: A look at Utah's RPI breakdown 52
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 46
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 42
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 24