The Dakota Mountain Lodge planned for construction in Park City at The Canyons will be a Waldorf-Astoria Collection hotel and Hilton's first ski-management property, Waldorf-Astoria and DuVal Development said this week.
Scheduled for a spring 2009 opening, the Dakota Mountain Lodge will consist of 197 guest rooms, ranging in size from studios to the six-bedroom penthouse. A second phase will add 137 guest rooms in 65 condominium units.
The lodge will include a 20,000-square-foot Golden Door Spa, including 20 treatment rooms, fitness center and a full beauty salon.
"Selection for the Waldorf-Astoria Collection is exclusive," said Ernest Wooden Jr., executive vice president of brand management for Waldorf-Astoria. "Only landmark hotels with a reputation for superior service, a luxurious sense of place and unique architecture or artistic and historical significance receive such designation."
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- Lawsuit accuses state of illegally pursuing...
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- Things are looking up in the economy, but not...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric... 4