The Dakota Mountain Lodge planned for construction in Park City at The Canyons will be a Waldorf-Astoria Collection hotel and Hilton's first ski-management property, Waldorf-Astoria and DuVal Development said this week.
Scheduled for a spring 2009 opening, the Dakota Mountain Lodge will consist of 197 guest rooms, ranging in size from studios to the six-bedroom penthouse. A second phase will add 137 guest rooms in 65 condominium units.
The lodge will include a 20,000-square-foot Golden Door Spa, including 20 treatment rooms, fitness center and a full beauty salon.
"Selection for the Waldorf-Astoria Collection is exclusive," said Ernest Wooden Jr., executive vice president of brand management for Waldorf-Astoria. "Only landmark hotels with a reputation for superior service, a luxurious sense of place and unique architecture or artistic and historical significance receive such designation."
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see their...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Target data breach: Credit monitoring will...
- Bitcoin controversy marks Newsweek's comeback
- Commuter rail travel increased from 2012 to...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 16
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 15
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- House backs bill to block EPA rule... 3
- China takes aim at pollution after... 1
- Small town residents: Chevron pizza... 1
- Uintah County businesses still... 1
- Commuter rail travel increased from... 1