Allan Hadfield was convicted in 1987 of sodomy and sexual abuse of a child.
His children, a 12-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl, initially told investigators a sex ring, involving several adults and children, existed in their Lehi neighborhood. One of the children also told therapist Barbara Snow that Hadfield was abusing them. Hadfield denied the allegations, and Snow was accused of planting false memories.
Snow was involved in five probes in Utah involving alleged sex rings two in Bountiful, two in Lehi and one in Midvale. The children in all five cases told investigators similar stories involving satanic rituals and multiple adults.
Investigators who looked into the memory-planting allegations against Snow dropped the cases due to lack of evidence.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14