Allan Hadfield was convicted in 1987 of sodomy and sexual abuse of a child.
His children, a 12-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl, initially told investigators a sex ring, involving several adults and children, existed in their Lehi neighborhood. One of the children also told therapist Barbara Snow that Hadfield was abusing them. Hadfield denied the allegations, and Snow was accused of planting false memories.
Snow was involved in five probes in Utah involving alleged sex rings two in Bountiful, two in Lehi and one in Midvale. The children in all five cases told investigators similar stories involving satanic rituals and multiple adults.
Investigators who looked into the memory-planting allegations against Snow dropped the cases due to lack of evidence.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9