Allan Hadfield was convicted in 1987 of sodomy and sexual abuse of a child.
His children, a 12-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl, initially told investigators a sex ring, involving several adults and children, existed in their Lehi neighborhood. One of the children also told therapist Barbara Snow that Hadfield was abusing them. Hadfield denied the allegations, and Snow was accused of planting false memories.
Snow was involved in five probes in Utah involving alleged sex rings two in Bountiful, two in Lehi and one in Midvale. The children in all five cases told investigators similar stories involving satanic rituals and multiple adults.
Investigators who looked into the memory-planting allegations against Snow dropped the cases due to lack of evidence.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Woman critically injured in Bountiful...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 75
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17