Allan Hadfield was convicted in 1987 of sodomy and sexual abuse of a child.
His children, a 12-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl, initially told investigators a sex ring, involving several adults and children, existed in their Lehi neighborhood. One of the children also told therapist Barbara Snow that Hadfield was abusing them. Hadfield denied the allegations, and Snow was accused of planting false memories.
Snow was involved in five probes in Utah involving alleged sex rings two in Bountiful, two in Lehi and one in Midvale. The children in all five cases told investigators similar stories involving satanic rituals and multiple adults.
Investigators who looked into the memory-planting allegations against Snow dropped the cases due to lack of evidence.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 32
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11