Allan Hadfield was convicted in 1987 of sodomy and sexual abuse of a child.
His children, a 12-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl, initially told investigators a sex ring, involving several adults and children, existed in their Lehi neighborhood. One of the children also told therapist Barbara Snow that Hadfield was abusing them. Hadfield denied the allegations, and Snow was accused of planting false memories.
Snow was involved in five probes in Utah involving alleged sex rings two in Bountiful, two in Lehi and one in Midvale. The children in all five cases told investigators similar stories involving satanic rituals and multiple adults.
Investigators who looked into the memory-planting allegations against Snow dropped the cases due to lack of evidence.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9