Murray High School student David Archuleta will move on to the next round of "American Idol."
The 16-year-old sensation is one of 24 semifinalists chosen from a field of 50 by judges of Fox's hit reality show.
Other winners include Janis Joplin sound-alike Amanda Overmyer and Brooke White of California. White is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and claimed in her first audition to have never seen an R-rated movie.
One of the biggest upsets Wednesday night was the elimination of 18-year-old Josiah Leming, who seemed to be a judge favorite until his shaky rendition of "Stand By Me." Judges say Leming who lives in his car and sings with a faux British accent is too confident for his own good.
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 101
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 59
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 38
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 38
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24