Murray High School student David Archuleta will move on to the next round of "American Idol."
The 16-year-old sensation is one of 24 semifinalists chosen from a field of 50 by judges of Fox's hit reality show.
Other winners include Janis Joplin sound-alike Amanda Overmyer and Brooke White of California. White is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and claimed in her first audition to have never seen an R-rated movie.
One of the biggest upsets Wednesday night was the elimination of 18-year-old Josiah Leming, who seemed to be a judge favorite until his shaky rendition of "Stand By Me." Judges say Leming who lives in his car and sings with a faux British accent is too confident for his own good.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15