Murray High School student David Archuleta will move on to the next round of "American Idol."
The 16-year-old sensation is one of 24 semifinalists chosen from a field of 50 by judges of Fox's hit reality show.
Other winners include Janis Joplin sound-alike Amanda Overmyer and Brooke White of California. White is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and claimed in her first audition to have never seen an R-rated movie.
One of the biggest upsets Wednesday night was the elimination of 18-year-old Josiah Leming, who seemed to be a judge favorite until his shaky rendition of "Stand By Me." Judges say Leming who lives in his car and sings with a faux British accent is too confident for his own good.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12