Murray High School student David Archuleta will move on to the next round of "American Idol."
The 16-year-old sensation is one of 24 semifinalists chosen from a field of 50 by judges of Fox's hit reality show.
Other winners include Janis Joplin sound-alike Amanda Overmyer and Brooke White of California. White is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and claimed in her first audition to have never seen an R-rated movie.
One of the biggest upsets Wednesday night was the elimination of 18-year-old Josiah Leming, who seemed to be a judge favorite until his shaky rendition of "Stand By Me." Judges say Leming who lives in his car and sings with a faux British accent is too confident for his own good.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 77
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17