Funeral services for President Gordon B. Hinckley will be held Saturday at 11 a.m. in the Conference Center, according to LDS Church spokesman Rob Howell. Overflow seating will be available in the Tabernacle and the Assembly Hall on Temple Square, as well as in the Conference Center Theater.
Information will be forthcoming on how the public can attend the funeral, which will be broadcast live on BYU TV, KBYU, Ch. 11, as well as KSL TV and radio, Howell said. Other local media outlets may broadcast the funeral. The service will also be transmitted live via the LDS Church's satellite system and sent around the globe with translation available in 69 languages, Howell said.
President Hinckley's body will lie in state in the Church Administration Building Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Howell also announced that the dedication for the Rexburg Temple in Idaho previously scheduled for Sunday will be delayed one week.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15