Funeral services for President Gordon B. Hinckley will be held Saturday at 11 a.m. in the Conference Center, according to LDS Church spokesman Rob Howell. Overflow seating will be available in the Tabernacle and the Assembly Hall on Temple Square, as well as in the Conference Center Theater.
Information will be forthcoming on how the public can attend the funeral, which will be broadcast live on BYU TV, KBYU, Ch. 11, as well as KSL TV and radio, Howell said. Other local media outlets may broadcast the funeral. The service will also be transmitted live via the LDS Church's satellite system and sent around the globe with translation available in 69 languages, Howell said.
President Hinckley's body will lie in state in the Church Administration Building Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Howell also announced that the dedication for the Rexburg Temple in Idaho previously scheduled for Sunday will be delayed one week.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'None of it matters': Family grateful after...
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14