Funeral services for President Gordon B. Hinckley will be held Saturday at 11 a.m. in the Conference Center, according to LDS Church spokesman Rob Howell. Overflow seating will be available in the Tabernacle and the Assembly Hall on Temple Square, as well as in the Conference Center Theater.
Information will be forthcoming on how the public can attend the funeral, which will be broadcast live on BYU TV, KBYU, Ch. 11, as well as KSL TV and radio, Howell said. Other local media outlets may broadcast the funeral. The service will also be transmitted live via the LDS Church's satellite system and sent around the globe with translation available in 69 languages, Howell said.
President Hinckley's body will lie in state in the Church Administration Building Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Howell also announced that the dedication for the Rexburg Temple in Idaho previously scheduled for Sunday will be delayed one week.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- U.S. approaching 'sudden' phase of...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 123
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 29
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20