Funeral services for President Gordon B. Hinckley will be held Saturday at 11 a.m. in the Conference Center, according to LDS Church spokesman Rob Howell. Overflow seating will be available in the Tabernacle and the Assembly Hall on Temple Square, as well as in the Conference Center Theater.
Information will be forthcoming on how the public can attend the funeral, which will be broadcast live on BYU TV, KBYU, Ch. 11, as well as KSL TV and radio, Howell said. Other local media outlets may broadcast the funeral. The service will also be transmitted live via the LDS Church's satellite system and sent around the globe with translation available in 69 languages, Howell said.
President Hinckley's body will lie in state in the Church Administration Building Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Howell also announced that the dedication for the Rexburg Temple in Idaho previously scheduled for Sunday will be delayed one week.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 32
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 28
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17