WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. Mitt Romney says he plans to attend the funeral of Mormon church President Gordon B. Hinckley.
The Republican presidential contender indicated his plans during a news conference Monday in Florida.
Romney says he'll miss the humility and wisdom of Hinckley, who died Sunday night at the age of 97. Romney recalled meeting Hinckley both when he worked as president of the Salt Lake Olympics Organizing Committee in 2002 and shortly before he announced his bid for the presidency.
Funeral plans for Hinckley have not been announced.
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 21
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 15
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13