WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. Mitt Romney says he plans to attend the funeral of Mormon church President Gordon B. Hinckley.
The Republican presidential contender indicated his plans during a news conference Monday in Florida.
Romney says he'll miss the humility and wisdom of Hinckley, who died Sunday night at the age of 97. Romney recalled meeting Hinckley both when he worked as president of the Salt Lake Olympics Organizing Committee in 2002 and shortly before he announced his bid for the presidency.
Funeral plans for Hinckley have not been announced.
- In Disney World's shadow, homeless families...
- Herbert: Embattled Nevada rancher 'not the...
- Student debt holds back many would-be home...
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine...
- Costa Rica is demanding US explain 'Cuban...
- Gas explosion forces Wyoming town to evacuate
- First lady gets resume from girl with jobless...
- Everest climbing season in disarray after deaths
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's... 27
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at... 26
- Judge: Indiana hasn't given valid... 24
- Herbert: Embattled Nevada rancher 'not... 22
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 20
- Vegas’ water drying up 15
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin... 13
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in... 12