WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. Mitt Romney says he plans to attend the funeral of Mormon church President Gordon B. Hinckley.
The Republican presidential contender indicated his plans during a news conference Monday in Florida.
Romney says he'll miss the humility and wisdom of Hinckley, who died Sunday night at the age of 97. Romney recalled meeting Hinckley both when he worked as president of the Salt Lake Olympics Organizing Committee in 2002 and shortly before he announced his bid for the presidency.
Funeral plans for Hinckley have not been announced.
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- Oscar Pistorius starts serving 5-year prison...
- Lower gas prices could mean economic impact...
- Jodi Arias sentencing retrial opens in Arizona
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage
- CVS tacks tobacco payment to prescription...
- Today's must-read faith and family stories
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 62
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8