Porn found in edited-movie shop, owner arrested, accused of having sex with minor
OREM Police say they found pornography in an Orem store that rented edited movies after arresting the owner for allegedly engaging in sexual activity with two 14-year-old girls.
Daniel Thompson, owner of the former Flix Club that recently closed from legal pressures, was arrested at his store after police received information that he and a Flix Club co-owner had traded sexual favors with two 14-year-old girls for $20 each, said Orem Police Lt. Doug Edwards.
During a search for the store, Orem Police found several pornographic videos, some with as many as 20 copies.
After being arrested Thursday night, Thompson was taken to the Orem police station for questioning, Edwards said.
He was booked into the Utah County Jail at 9:11 p.m. Thursday for investigation of forcible sex abuse and unlawful sexual activity with a 14-year-old.
He bailed out Friday at noon on $30,000 cash or bond bail.
Flix Club co-owner, Isaac Lifferth, 23, is still in jail for investigation of patronizing a prostitute, unlawful sexual activity with a 14-year-old, forcible sex abuse, aiding prostitution and unlawful possession of a prescription drug.
One of the mothers of the girls found a $20 bill in her daughter's room and asked her where it had come from, worried that she might have stolen it.
The girl then told her mother she and a friend had solicited sexual favors from the two men, whom they knew only by first name, in exchange for cash.The girl's mother called police Tuesday and the investigation began.
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror dropping...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17